Research Associate, Part-time
Kelly Science is seeking a part-time Research Associate to join the engineered cells team of a biotechnology company in S. San Francisco. Candidate will support in-vitro and in-vivo efforts developing next-generation cell engineering technologies.
- Culture of human pluripotent stem cells, including maintenance, expansion and banking.
- Perform cell-based assays for characterization purposes, including immunofluorescence, multi-color flow cytometry, qRT-PCR, and other plate-based assays.
- Maintain detailed record-keeping and follow established SOPs.
- Proactively recognize and help to solve technical and scientific issues to assure high quality data from external resources
- B.S. in molecular biology or related discipline and 2+ years of relevant research experience or M.S. in relevant field.
- Demonstrated experience with aseptic cell culture methods, including cryopreserving, thawing, and expanding cell lines.
- Experience with primary immune cells and tissue culture.
- Multi-color flow cytometry and molecular biology skills (transduction, PCR, RNA/DNA extraction).
- Must be willing to come in on the weekend.
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it’s the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.