Consider joining Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories where people are the most important element in our chemistry. Celebrating 50 years of service, Lancaster Laboratories is a leading contract lab providing testing and research services in the environmental, pharmaceutical, and biopharmaceutical sciences to clients worldwide.
Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories, a nationally recognized laboratory, is searching for a Research Scientist to support our Professional Scientific Services group in Foster City, CA.
Research Scientist responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Plans and executes assigned experiments that support non-routine development activities and project goals
- Develop and conduct analytical methods including UPLC/HPLC, Dissolution, GC, Thermogravimetric DSC/TGA, and KF titration
- Perform data analysis and troubleshoot methods and instrumentation
- Recommends alternatives, researches new methods and techniques and may proactively seek out senior personnel to discuss potential solutions to problems.
- Prepare data for presentation and assist in generating technical reports, and interact with other groups within the department
- Perform review and peer review of analytical data
- Initiate and perform investigations and development, as needed
- Write protocols and technical reports and transfer methods internally and externally
- Ensure project deliverables are scientifically accurate and meet timeline expectations
The ideal candidate would possess:
- Experience in developing new methods and analyzing data using compendial method
- Demonstrated success in developing small molecule analytical chemistry methods
- Understanding of experimentation and data analysis using Empower software (Version III)
- Experience developing and troubleshooting dissolution methods required
- Previous experience conducting and analyzing data for analytical methods such as UPLC/HPLC, Dissolution, Thermogravimetric DSC/TGA, GC, and KF titrations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience interacting with people from a wide range of skill levels and experience
- Ability to communicate complex scientific findings and recommendations in one-on-one discussions and departmental meetings
- Experience in GMP/ GLP regulated environment is preferred
- Excellent technical writing skills, such as protocols, reports, and SOPs
- Demonstrated ability to work as an independent, self-motivated, detail-oriented, result-driven and highly flexible team-player in a fast-paced working environment
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail; excellent project management skills including the ability to manage ones project resource requirements (material, manpower, time, etc.), and ability to elevate relevant issues to project lead and line-management
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team with internal and external clients, self‑motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
- Leadership in a dynamic team environment
- Ability to drive performance by tracking and managing key performance indicators using internal and external metrics
- Bachelor's degree with 8 - 10 years of experience, or Master's degree with 6 - 8 years of experience in an analytical GMP regulated environment
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Foster City, California are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins Lancaster Labs employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and time-off, and dental and vision options. To learn more about Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories, please explore our website www.lancasterlabs.com
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.