Every day, Kelly Services connects professionals with opportunities to advance their careers. We currently have an exciting 6+ month, long term contract opportunity as a Scientist for a top fortune 500 company in San Francisco, CA.
Title: Research Scientist
Duration: 6+ months (high potential for extension!)
Location: San Francisco, CA
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced bench scientist to support target discovery and validation in immuno-oncology research.
- The successful candidate must be detail orientated and work independently within a highly collaborative and fast-paced environment.
- Independently plan, execute, and troubleshoot experiments to support in vitro profiling of target, MoA studies, and antibody screening and validation
- Design, optimize, and perform a wide-range of assays using flow cytometry
- Experience in culturing primary immune cells, cell sorting, and immune cell co-culture assays
- Ability to critically analyze data, interpret results, and clearly communicate findings to project teams
- Document experimental activities and data analysis accurately and timely in electronic notebook
- Experience in isolating immune cell populations, culturing mammalian cells, and performing immune assays is required
- Direct experience in drug discovery and target validation in pharmaceutical/ biotech setting is preferred
- Demonstrate ability to multi-task, effective time management, and flexibility to adapt in a fast-paced collaborative team setting
Education / Experience:
- B.S. degree with 8+ years of relevant experience, M.S. degree with 6+ years of relevant experience, or Ph.D. with 2+ years of relevant experience, preferably in Immunology
- 2-3 years experiences using multi-color flow cytometry (e.g. MACSQuant, Attune, BD LSRFortessa) is required
Important information: This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. Applicants must be legally permitted to work in the United States. Please contact Michelle Niemira ([Click Here to Email Your Resumé]) for immediate consideration.
- As a Kelly Services employee, you will have access to numerous perks, including:
- Exposure to a variety of career opportunities as a result of our expansive network of client companies
- A competitive hourly pay rate with weekly checks
- Access to newly expanded Medical Plan options
- Online continuing education via the Kelly Learning Center
- Several employee discounts
- And more!
As a worker today, it’s up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what’s next is what we’re all about. We know what’s going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the nearly 500,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.