Foster City, CA
Contract Duration: 6-18
buy Lyrica online canada Responsibilities:
- Excellent employment opportunity for a Research Scientist (Bioinformatics- Contingent) - Molecular Epidemiology in the Foster City, CA area.
- Position can be 100% remote.
- The Biomarker Sciences department at company is dedicated to conduct biomarker and translational research to further understanding of specific aspects of biology, inform research, development and pipeline decisions, and advance the effectiveness of available therapies in appropriate patient populations.
- The Molecular Epidemiology team supports biomarker activities by integrating real-world data and epidemiologic evidence within the biomarker discovery and development strategy.
- Associate Research Scientist, under the supervision of Molecular Epidemiology Head within the Biomarker Sciences, will be responsible for conduct and analysis of studies using clinicogenomic and observational real-world databases.
- The position is expected to work across therapeutic areas that include oncology, virology, and immunology.
- Conduct analysis of real-world observational or clinico-genomic data that are available publicly (e.g., TCGA) or commercially.
- Lead or co-lead development of study protocols and/or statistical analytical plans for studies.
- Work collaboratively on multi-functional projects and interact with Biomarker Scientists and Scientists from other functions including clinical pharmacology, biology, bioinformatics, clinical research, and clinical data science on a regular basis.
- Effectively communicate study findings through internal presentations, assist in drafting conference abstracts and manuscripts for publication in peer reviewed journals.
- Candidates should have a Doctoral Degree in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Statistics, Data Science, other relevant fields with at least 1-3 years/ Master's Degree with at least 5-7 years/BS Degree with at least 10 years of relevant post-degree experience, preferably in Pharmaceutical/biotechnology or related research organizations/academia.
- Should have experience in developing analysis plan and conducting analysis for studies using real-world large observational data or with multi-omics databases.
- Should have experience in running bioinformatics pipelines and familiarity with bioinformatics methods and tools.
- Should have a good grasp of statistical methodology including multivariate methods
- Proficiency in programming languages such as R, Python and Shell and familiarity with cloud computing environment.
- Experience in applying novel analytical or computational (machine learning) technique and data science expertise to integrate and mine large complex data is a plus.
- Candidates are expected to have familiarity with clinico-genomic and publicly available genomic databases (e.g., TCGA).
- Experience with large healthcare databases including electronic health records, specialized EMR databases, and claims data is a plus.
- Should have general knowledge of drug discovery and development process.
- Should have good oral and written communication.
- Candidates are expected to have the ability to work mostly independently in collaboration with lead epidemiologist or other functional partners.
- Candidates are expected to work in a diverse, collaborative cross-functional environment.
- Top 3 Required Skills: Bioinformatics methods, experience of analyzing large-scale genomic data, fair knowledge of statistical approach and genetics/genomics
- Top 3 Nice to Have Skills: Experience with real-world clinico-genomic data, gene-expression and pathway analysis, biopharma or similar experience