Yoh is seeking a Research Scientist, Pharmacology to support our Biotech client in South San Francisco, CA. This is a direct hire opportunity. Please note this is an onsite, lab-based role. See below for complete job responsibilities and requirements. If after reviewing, you are interested in learning more about this, or other opportunities within Life Sciences, please apply with your updated resume ASAP.
Title: Sr. Principal Research Scientist-Process Chemistry
Location: South San Francisco, California
Type: Direct Hire/Permanent
Pay: Competitive, depends on experience
- Play a key role in evaluating mechanistic hypotheses for drug responses using cancer cell lines, patient derived cell lines, spheroids, organoids, and other 3D culture models, by combining high content imaging and molecular biology techniques to achieve gene modulation and interrogate pathways of interest
- Lead the development and implementation of assays for screening new potential therapeutics
- Contribute to method development for new in vitro disease models, experimental protocols, and related readouts for specific project needs
- Document all laboratory activities, protocols, analysis methods, and the collection of data
- Communicate study results to multiple stakeholders within the organization.
- BS/MS and 8+ years of work experience, or PhD in biology, bioengineering, or related field with 0-3 years’ experience
- Practical laboratory experience with patient derived cells/organoids and other 3D culture model systems, including the application of high-resolution imaging and microscopy methodologies, is highly desirable
- Experience with data processing and data analysis of large volumes of data is a plus
- Experience with automation is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn, improve, and implement new methods from publications.
- Ability to effectively design, plan, execute, and analyze experiments independently
- Experience with compound and genetic screening is a plus
- Ability to troubleshoot problems, and provide possible solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with multiple research teams.
- Efficient time management and the ability to work on several projects simultaneously
Yoh, a Day & Zimmermann company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Visit https://www.yoh.com/applicants-with-disabilities if you are an individual with a disability and require accommodation in the application process.