:Transdev, formerly Veolia Transportation, is the largest private sector operator of multiple modes of passenger transit in North America, providing bus, rail, paratransit, shuttle, sedan and taxi services. We manage over 200 transportation contracts for cities, transit authorities and airports, providing safe and sustainable mobility solutions. Our mission is to improve public transportation, to enhance quality of life and combat global warming.
Takes customer calls and schedules customer rides using a computerized scheduling system. Creates daily manifests for paratransit drivers based on customer demands. Revises process and procedure manuals; may coach less experienced reservationists.Responsibilities:
- Answers customer calls and inputs all customer rides using a computerized scheduling system.
- Enters new customer information or changes into the system
- Provides customer service with late vehicle service, verifying "No Shows" and assisting riders with resolving service-related complaints
- Creates daily manifests for paratransit drivers based on customer demands. Reviews manifests created by less experienced reservationists to ensure that routes are logical and efficient based on customer needs
- Revises reservationist manuals and procedures
- May coach less experienced reservationists
- Maintains a clean and well-organized work area
Other duties as assigned.Qualifications:Education, Licensing, and Certifications:
- High school education or equivalent, such as GED, required.
- High school education or equivalent required.
- 2 to 4 years of customer service experience required.
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Pleasant telephone voice/manner
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong listening skills
- Ability to remain courteous with difficult or angry customers
- Basic computer knowledge/PC experience
- Bi-lingual skills preferred
Travel requirement < 5% of time for occasional meetings or training. Pre-Employment Requirements:
- Must submit to drug testing and a background check
- Must be able to work shifts or flexible work schedules as needed.
- 100% of work is accomplished indoors and in air conditioned or well ventilated facilities
- Work is accomplished at a workstation or in a cubicle space equipped with a telephone, headset, and computer.
- Work environments are generally noisy and the employee is generally subjected to long periods spent sitting, typing, or looking at a computer screen.
For more information please visit our website at www.transdevna.com/careers
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster: www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Drug free workplace
If based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to pass a drug screen and background check