Embarc is an emerging cannabis retailer in the state of California. We are seeking a Guide (Retail Associate) whose responsibilities include working closely with customers to determine their needs, answer their questions and recommend the right products. This role will promptly resolve customer complaints and ensure maximum client satisfaction. Additionally, the Guide should stay up to date with product features and maintain our store’s visual appearance in high standards.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction through excellent sales service.
- Check-in customers on POS system.
- Assess customers’ needs, provide assistance and information on product features.
- Welcome customers to the store and answer their queries.
- Follow and achieve department’s sales goals on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis.
- Maintain in-stock and presentable condition assigned areas.
- Actively seek out customers in store.
- Remain knowledgeable on products offered and discuss available options.
- Process POS (point of sale) purchases.
- Cross sell products.
- Handle returns of merchandise.
- Team up with co-workers to ensure proper customer service.
- Build productive trust relationships with customers.
- Comply with inventory control procedures.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
This job operates in a retail setting. Prolonged periods of standing and walking throughout the retail space. Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at times.
This position may require travel for deliveries.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Excellent active listening skills.
- Excellent sales and customer service skills.
- Ability to anticipate customer’s needs.
- Ability to recommend merchandise to customers.
- Ability to operate or to quickly learn the stores point-of-sale system.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Previous retail experience preferred.
- On-the-job training provided.
- Must be 21 years old to apply.
- A minimum of 1 years in a customer service role in a retail or hospitality environment.
- Analytical skills to assess data, facts, and figures.
- High quality communication skills.
- Proven expertise and experience to accurately manage a register.
- Knowledge of the state’s cannabis regulations.
embarc is an emerging cannabis retailer in the state of California.
Equal opportunity employer
Embarc is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, prior record of arrest or conviction, citizenship status, or current employment status.