The health and safety of our employees is our credo, moral obligation, and at the core of our business practices.
How we are keeping our employees and customers safe:
- Strict adherence to CDC Guidelines
- Enhanced vehicle cleaning/disinfecting measures with concentrated focus on high frequency touch areas
- PPE Distribution (Hand Sanitizer, masks, gloves)
- Social Distancing Enforced
- Enhanced facility cleaning/disinfecting measures with concentrated focus on high frequency touch areas
- Daily temperature checks
- Onsite COVID testing
Transdev wants you! We are currently hiring talented, science and technology driven individuals to join our autonomous vehicle division in the San Francisco, CA Bay Area.
The Safety & Compliance Manager reports to the Director of Safety and is responsible for implementation and management of unique safety programs within TAS; this includes leading our regulatory compliance division. The Safety & Compliance Manager coordinates with the Director of Safety as well as local Safety & Training managers, GM’s and our client in building a culture of safety within the Transdev Autonomous Vehicle Division.
The Safety & Compliance Manager introduces, implements current processes, and oversees systems and activities to maintain oversight of regulatory compliance status in support of our autonomous vehicle operators. Coordinates and manages collision/incident reporting process; conducts audits and inspections of the safety management process, manages the regional drug testing program, and ensures all TAS drivers are maintaining employment eligibility and meeting all client regulatory & contractual expectations.
- Ensure compliance with company, state and federal regulations regarding transportation and workplace safety;
- Monitor driver/operator qualification files and safety records;
- Performs collision investigation training for local shift supervisor(s) as needed;
- Ensures our DOT operating centers are within FMCSA compliance from a company policy and safety standpoint;
- Capable of responding quickly to changing and potentially high-pressure environments - being on call for major vehicle collisions, emergency drug testing guidance and/or major employee incidents;
- Works with local Safety & Training Managers and attends safety meetings as needed
- Works with local shift supervisors who run DOT regulated facilities to ensure compliance within policy and client contract.
- Fields regional safety concerns as needed and tracks safety concern reporting system to ensure proper follow-up
- Works with local Safety & Training Managers and client safety team to develop driver safety protocols and best in-field practice
- Works with GM’s and HR managers in investigating workplace incidents
- May investigate work comp claims with local managers and help mitigate workplace injuries by promoting and enforcing best safety practices and policies
- Ensures TAS employees are following company safety policies
- Works with client safety and EHS teams as needed
- Ensure drug/alcohol program compliance with client contract and DOT regulations;
- Serves as the DER (designated employee representative) for the location(s) drug & alcohol program
- Oversees & implements location randomized drug testing program in partnership with Safety Director, Safety Managers and testing vendors;
- Responsible for maintenance and organization of all drug testing records related to random, post-collision and reasonable suspicion for managed work sites;
- Responsible for training new AVOS’s on drug testing protocols;
- Works with local Safety & Training managers to properly compile and file vehicle collision event information in Transdev systems
- Periodically reviews and audits incident file contents for accuracy and documents needed;
- Works with client regulatory ops team and fields requests for contractual compliance data as needed
- Oversees driver compliance by monitoring company MVR systems to ensure drivers are maintaining DMV background eligibility as well as uploading new drivers to the system
- Ensures compliance in the following programs: WebRisk, Samba, Sterling, and other databases as needed.
- Prepares, posts, and distributes various written communications (memos, notices, e-mail, posters, cover letters, etc.) as assigned.
- Other duties as required
Education, Licensing, and Certifications Required:
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred) in a field like Logistics, Transportation, Safety or related field
Meets driver requirements, including driving record and criminal history under applicable regulations and laws in the state(s) in which the Safety & Compliance Manager will be working.
- Minimum of 5 years of transportation management, safety management experience, regulatory compliance program management and or related experience. Additional experience is preferred;
- Proficiency with a laptop computer and GSuite apps (i.e. Gmail, Hangouts, Sheets and Docs), and Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Proficiency with a touchscreen smartphone (Android preferred but not required).
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Working knowledge of performance management/monitoring systems used to track fleet and people metrics
- Working knowledge of federal and state safety laws, particularly DOT and OSHA standards
- Ability to analyze and identify risk trends, problems and solutions;
- Ability to express ideas clearly and concisely using appropriate mediums (face-to-face or electronic communication), listen effectively, demonstrate understanding, and clarify meaning for others;
- Ability to analyze, define, diagnose, and resolve problems based on sound logic and rationale;
- Ability to develop, coach, and mentor others including the ability to provide development experiences, advise, and teach to prepare others for effective job performance;
- Ability to interact cooperatively and collaboratively with others as a team, including those holding opposing views and goals;
- Understand and apply meaningful operations and safety performance metrics;
- Ability to lead and influence;
- Ability to plan and execute events, safety meetings, collision review meetings;
- Develop and communicate informative presentations and strategies to gain understanding and consensus;
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations;
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals;
- Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance. Must be available and willing to work such weekends and holidays as needed to support business needs;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment.
The job duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions, experience, and the requirements and conditions listed in this job description are representative only and not exhaustive of the tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Transdev reserves the right to revise this job description at any time.
- Must pass a pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal background check and driving record review.
- Frequent standing, walking, sitting,
- Occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50
- Must use close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Most work is accomplished indoors in well-ventilated facilities or o
The employee is generally subjected to long periods spent sitting, typing, or looking at a computer screen
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster: www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Drug free workplace
If based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to pass a drug screen and background check