The Safety and Training Manager is responsible for developing, communicating, and enforcing safety policies and procedures at the Paratransit and Fixed Route operation. The Safety and Training Manager holds primary responsibility for all training, analysis, risk assessment, and claims handling for a property. This operation has 66 vehicles.
This is for proposed business all offers are contingent upon Transdev's award of the contract.
- Maintains adequate staffing levels.
- Ensures that staff is adequately trained and understands and executes on safety and security standards.
- Ensures compliance with all company, client, and Department of Transportation regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Ensures that all reporting and risk management tools are up-to-date and correct at all times.
- Ensures contract compliance with all applicable federal, state, local, and company regulations; ensures that related record keeping and reporting requirements are met and maintained; provides support in implementing the approved recommendations.
- Selects, hires, and trains qualified candidates for employment.
- Maintains confidentiality of all information.
- Other duties as required.
Education, Licensing, and Certifications Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent, such as GED, required.
- BA/BS in transportation or logistics preferred.
- A valid class B license with passenger endorsements preferred.
Experience, Skills, and Knowledge Required:
- At least 5 years' experience in safety and training in a transit operations.
- Familiarity with OSHA, EPA standards, NIMS and ADA requirements.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of DOT (Department of Transportation), FTA (Federal Transit Administration), FMCSA (Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration) rules and regulations.
- Ability to interpret and explain regulations to others.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word and Excel.
- Strong written and oral communication skills; excellent presentation skills.
- Travel requirement (as a percent): <5% for occasional meetings.
For more information please visit our website atwww.transdevna.jobs
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster:http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Drug free workplace
If based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to pass a drug screen and background check