This is a training role that is made to prepare the Sales Trainee for the Account Sales Manager role. The role primarily is to support sales initiatives and provide route coverage for the ASM during vacation, sickness, injury or any special projects as needed. The ST will work with management to maintain customer relationships between sales, merchandising and operations for all large & small format "off premise" stores. The ST must effectively service all customers in a safe, productive and professional manner in compliance with Red Bull executional standards.
Areas that play to your strengths
All the responsibilities we'll trust you with:
- The Sales Trainee (ST) is a training role. Upon successful participation in the training program, the ST is eligible to interview for open Account Sales Manager (ASM) roles.
- Upon completion of the program and certification, if no ASM or otherwise qualified role is available AND the ST is meeting performance standards, the employee may remain in the ST role up to 12-months OR until an ASM or another qualified role is available (whichever comes first).
- Once an ASM or another qualified role is available, the certified ST must interview for that available role. If promotion to the role of ACCOUNT SALES MANAGER (or other role) does not happen prior to the expiration of the 12-mos completion period, the SALES TRAINEE role will be vacated due to end of assignment unless an exception applies.
- For exception, based on continued high performance, no open roles and certification completion, a manager may extend the 12-month completion period an additional 6-months. The ST role is an at-will position, meaning that the Company or ST can terminate the employment relationship at any time, for any reason or no reason at all, with or without cause.
- Understand and Learn the basics of Red Bull and Red Bull Distribution Company, the brand and products
- Build and protect the Red Bull brand through proper rotation to ensure fresh product. Set proper brand flow following Red Bull standards.
- Establish and maintain friendly and professional relationships with your customers to increase sales and selling.
- Obtain all tools (insights, displays, Point of Sale, Pricing, etc.) to execute the daily plan. Effectively communicate with the ASMs/DSMs on daily priorities.
- Train with ASMs
IN ROUTE SUPPORT
- Global Strategy for In-Store Execution measured by Wining vs Competition (WVC) & Perfect Store Audit (PSA).
- Cover ASM routes as needed.
- Meet daily KPI focused on the following areas: Sales, Distributions, Pricing, Display, New Accounts and Merchandising.
OFF ROUTE SUPPORT
- Support the team with audits, blitz, building of displays, merchandising to effectively drive the sales business.
- Other duties as assigned.
Your areas of knowledge and expertise
that matter most for this role:
- Minimum Experience and Qualifications:
- - High school diploma or GED required
- - Excellent communication skills
- - Good mathematical skills
- - Effective organizational skills
- - Current valid driver's license with clean driving record
- - Must be at least 21 years old
- - DOT medical card required
- Preferred Experience and Qualifications:
- - Previous beverage experience desired.
- - 20-40% possible if support is given to multiple facilities.
- PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (non-exhaustive)
- - Employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- - Employee frequently is required to walk and sit.
- - Employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- - Employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds of inventory as needed.
- - Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- - Exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions.
- - Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- - Moving, lifting, and placement of inventory and advertising displays in futherance of sales functions.
- - Regularly operate a motor vehicle in excess of 10,000 pounds.
- - Responsible for ouverall safety and safe operation of motor vehicle.
- Click here to learn more
JOIN THE TEAM