School Nurse- RN or LVN for Pediatric School Based Services
Join our Pediatric School Based Team, and use your passion for nursing to help make a difference in a child’s life!
- School Nurse position available to begin ASAP through the remainder of the school year
- 1:1 care for a Medically fragile 2nd grade student
- San Mateo
- 6.5 Hours daily/32.5 hours weekly
We value our Nurses and their dedication to our mission of making a difference in a child’s life. That is why we make it a priority to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package.
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Professional Development
- Continuing Education and more!
HealthPRO® Pediatrics is a national leading provider of highly skilled nurses and educators. We hire Nurses who share our vision, work diligently, and provide best practices in nursing that will change children's lives for the better. If you are a passionate, talented nurse that wants to help children across the country, then maybe it is time to look at our company.
Looking forward to speaking with you!
Director of Recruitment – Peds/School Division
267.810.1477 | Direct
267.579.2482 | Text
School Nurse Performance Expectations
• Develops policies, procedures and work standards for school health program.
• Monitors compliance of school health program with federal, state and local laws, regulations and policies.
• Initiates program changes as needed.
• Manages program allotment efficiently.
• Prepares health reports for supervisor, board of education and health department.
• Collaborates with other child-support agencies in designing and providing a school health program.
• Negotiates professional and medical services essential to the school health program.
• Provides first aid care and medically prescribed services.
• Maintains security of school health supplies.
• Serves as a resource person on health issues.
• Provides staff development on health-related topics for school staff and volunteers.
• Screens and conducts health appraisals for students and staff.
• Provides follow-up evaluations on students as required.
• Recommends corrective action where problems are identified.
• Records immunizations, health findings, and other relevant health data
- Nursing license in the state of CA
- Certified School Nurse certification
- Experience with hearing/vision impaired students and mandated CA state reporting requirements
- Assumes responsibility for ongoing continuing education and professional development