Bayside Solutions is seeking a Scientist I to be part of our client's team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world's 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client's culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients' lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the Top Twenty Employers in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- We are seeking a talented and highly motivated Scientist to focus on formulation development within the Pharmaceutical Development (PharmDev) Department.
- The successful candidate will work with dynamic and highly motivated teams to develop formulations for large molecules in our portfolio that treat unmet medical needs.
- The candidate will work in a formulation research and development lab and collaborate with colleagues throughout the department.
- This position requires effective participation in a team environment.
- Primary responsibilities will include running formulation studies including stability studies to preparation of study materials for preclinical studies.
- The successful candidate is expected to contribute to the research and development of novel formulations to enable best-in-class and first choice therapeutics by clinicians.
- This role will require knowledge of protein chemistry and analytical methods such as HPLC, CE, (etc.)
- Evidence of strong verbal and written communications skills is essential for the position; this hire is expected to set up and run formulation studies.
- Presentation in teams will be part of this role, as well as at department meetings.
- Preferred individuals will embody a passion for analytical chemistry, protein chemistry, and pharmaceutical development.
Summary of Qualifications:
- The qualified individual will possess a B.S. and possibly M.S. in a biological science, analytical chemistry, polymer chemistry, biomaterials or chemical engineering with a minimum of 1-3 years of relevant experience in academia, biotechnology and/or pharma.
- The position requires a strong interest in formulation development, protein analytical characterization, development of drug products, as well as a deep commitment to working as part of teams to deliver best in class therapies.