Scientist I / South San Francisco, CA
Kelly Services is currently seeking a Scientist I for one of our top clients in South San Francisco, CA.
As a Scientist I placed with Kelly Services you will focus on formulation development within the Pharmaceutical Development (PharmDev) Department.
- The successful candidate will work with dynamic and highly motivated teams to develop formulations for large molecules in our portfolio that treat unmet medical needs.
- The candidate will work in a formulation research and development lab and collaborate with colleagues throughout the department.
- This position requires effective participation in a team environment. Primary responsibilities will include running formulation studies including stability studies to preparation of study materials for preclinical studies.
- The successful candidate is expected to contribute to the research and development of novel formulations to enable best-in-class and first choice therapeutics by clinicians.
- Presentation in teams will be part of this role, as well as at department meetings.
- Preferred individuals will embody a passion for analytical chemistry, protein chemistry, and pharmaceutical development.
- This role will require knowledge of protein chemistry and analytical methods such as HPLC, CE, (etc.)
- The position requires a strong interest in formulation development, protein analytical characterization, development of drug products, as well as a deep commitment to working as part of teams to deliver best in class therapies.
- Evidence of strong verbal and written communications skills is essential for the position; this hire is expected to set up and run formulation studies.
- The qualified individual will possess a B.S. and possibly M.S. in a biological science, analytical chemistry, polymer chemistry, biomaterials or chemical engineering with a minimum of 1-3 years of relevant experience in academia, biotechnology and/or pharma.
Important information: This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. Applicants must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
- As a Kelly Services employee, you will have access to numerous perks, including:
- Exposure to a variety of career opportunities as a result of our expansive network of client companies
- Career guides, information and tools to help you successfully position yourself throughout every stage of your career
- Access to more than 3,000 online training courses through our Kelly Learning Center
- Weekly pay and service bonus plans
- Group-rate insurance options available immediately upon hire*
•Available for purchase and administered by a designated third-party vendor
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it’s the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.