Title:- Scientist - I (Assistant)
Location: South San Francisco, CA
Duration: 12 months
- The Protein Purification group at Client Research Laboratories located in South San Francisco is looking for a protein scientist with a BS in Biochemistry, Chemistry, or related science with experience in purification and characterization of antibodies and proteins.
- The successful candidate will have a working understanding of protein purification and characterization techniques.
- The candidate will be able to demonstrate hands on experience in basic biochemistry techniques such as buffer preparation, SDS-PAGE, analysis, protein purification using different types of resins.
- The candidate is expected to work effectively within the purification team, to be able to follow standard purification procedures, maintain detailed records, and assist in the preparation and uploading of purification and characterization reports to the database.
- Education: BA/BS or MS in protein chemistry, biochemistry, or related disciplines. 0-3 years of experiences in protein purification.
- Solid scientific understanding and hands-on experience of current protein separation techniques.
- Basic knowledge in related functional areas such as buffer formulations, biophysical characterization of proteins is a plus. Software experience: MS office suite.
- A goal-oriented team player with strong organizational, excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Note: *DO NOT SUBMIT PHD*, This is a 12-month position with a possibility of extension for another year.