Job Title: Scientist - I (Assistant)
Work Location: 213 E. Grand Avenue, South San Francisco, CA 94080 United States
Contract duration: 12+ months
Education * Master's degree with 3-5 years, or PhD with 1-2 years of relevant hands on lab experience. Required Experience * Comprehensive skills in LC/MS and other bioanalytical methods, with a proven record of in-depth MS characterization and quantitation of small molecules and lipids.
* Extensive method development experience in lipidomics/metabolomics and targeted LC/MS assays for a broad range of metabolites.
* Hands-on experience with various sample preparation techniques, MS instrumentations (Waters, Thermo, etc.), and data analysis software.
* Understanding of lipid biochemistry and lipidomics applications in cardiometabolic drug discovery is highly desirable.
* Familiarity with isotopic labeling and metabolic tracer/flux study methods is preferred.
* Able to work collaboratively in a cross-functional environment with excellent organization and communication skills.
* Must be able to work independently with limited supervision.
Client is seeking a highly independent scientist with a strong background in bioanalytical science to join the MRL Discovery Biology group in South San Francisco, CA.
* Design and execute lipidomics/metabolomics studies to assess metabolic changes under disease conditions and/or through therapeutic intervention, and to help elucidate mechanistic links between target engagement and disease phenotype
* Targeted/untargeted LC/MS assay development and optimization (for both cellular and tissue samples) on different platforms, MS data processing and analysis using various software, as wells as routine instrument maintenance and end-to-end technical troubleshooting
* Evaluate, develop, and implement new bioanalytical technologies and methods to improve workflow and enhance capabilities.
* Drive scientific and technical innovations to enhance functional capability and productivity.