Scientist III - Clinical On-Market Support
Requisition ID: 127530BR
Thermo Fisher is at the forefront of the global response to COVID-19. We are working with governments, agencies, industry partners and researchers globally to ensure priority access to instruments, consumables, safety supplies and other products to address the outbreak. This key role will play a valuable part in our efforts.
Do you have a passion for innovative ideas and groundbreaking discoveries? Now is an exciting time to join our Genetic Sciences business. With over $1 billion invested annually in R&D, at Thermo Fisher Scientific you’ll help solve some of the world’s toughest challenges. We empower our teams to put science into meaningful action and give our R&D colleagues the autonomy, resources and tools they need to take science a step beyond.
South San Francisco, CA
Genetic Testing Solutions
How will you make an impact?
You will be responsible for supporting the R&D Troubleshooting and Support function for post market surveillance in the clinical group. You will be working with scientists in developing processes and mechanisms that facilitate continual improvement of our products and ensure a high level of customer satisfaction for all released products. You will perform experiments focused on product improvements and troubleshooting to resolve field problems in a timely manner and work with the quality team to ensure good practices are followed for post market surveillance of our products.
What will you do?
- As a core contributor to designing, planning, and executing experiments, the Scientist III will bridge benchwork and clear documentation. Working alongside scientists and systems engineers, this individual will gather data which will help in troubleshooting and inform design and development of diagnostic products
- You will plan and execute experiments to support improvements to commercial products for infectious disease testing.
- Documentation and data management: Interpret results and identify next steps to facilitate data-driven decisions
- Collaborate with a team of R&D experts to help with customer related troubleshooting for clinical molecular diagnostic products.
- Perform clinical sample extraction, qPCR assay and experiment optimization, experiments in
molecular biology laboratories (including a BSL2 lab), including operation of liquid handling systems
- Become an expert in end to end workflow with a focus on sample prep and qPCR multiplex assay development
How will you get here?
Requires a Ph.D. or Master’s degree in Biochemistry, Virology, Microbiology, Molecular Biology or Bioengineering
- 2+ years of experience in medical diagnostic product development or on market support
- Experience with ISO 13485 standards and TrackWise QMS software preferred.
- Strong experience in qPCR and molecular diagnostics preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Proven expertise in data analysis and collation of data from diverse sources.
- Familiarity with the process of obtaining CE-IVD and/or FDA approval of IVD products (preferably molecular diagnostics) a plus
- Ability to think critically and desire to drive constant improvement
- Strong collaborator with ability to motivate and drive product design excellence across internal cross-functional teams in a fast paced environment.
- Highly data-driven/detail oriented with an ability to analyze and interpret results
- Ability to adapt to change and take on unexpected challenges
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to efficiently evaluate, prioritize and handle multiple/changing projects and priorities.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Willingness to travel up to 10%, domestic or internationally
Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.