Job Title: Scientist III (Senior)
Duration: 12 Months+ (Possible Extension)
Work location: South San Francisco, CA
We are seeking a motivated, experienced image analysis scientist to support translational research in our dynamic pathology group. The successful candidate will implement molecular histopathological techniques to elucidate pathogenic mechanisms and identify Client biological targets for cancer therapy, focusing on multiplexed immunofluorescence and quantitative image analysis. The successful candidate will:
• Develop and validate staining protocols and analysis parameters for quantitation of multiplexed assays examining disparate analyses in intact human tissues
• Apply analytic methods to phenotype cell populations and quantitate and spatially characterize molecular targets in situ within tissue sections
• Interact well and smoothly with pathologists, IHC bench scientists, histo-technician’s, and other stakeholders in workflows for projects with quantitative imaging endpoints
• Developing Experiments/higher order multiplexing
• Analysis work
• Assay development
• Tissue staining 1 -year role with possible extension onsite role
• Master’s degree in a relevant field
• PhD preferred
• Bachelors + 5 years of experience Required Skills and Experience:
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience with immunohistochemistry, multiplexed immunofluorescence, and quantitative image analysis of mammalian tissues in industry or academia
• 1-2 years of general pathology experience
• Comfortable with ELN & Microsoft office suite
• This position will require a comfort with complex multitasking, strong self-motivation, the ability to work independently with minimal assistance, excellent communication and interpersonal skills and a highly collaborative approach.
• About you – You have a passion for learning and working in a lab. You are a problem-solver and a team player; you are open to hearing other people’s ideas and collaborating. You are organized and focused, hardworking and adaptable.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• Background with multispectral imaging
• Previous experience in the pharmaceutical industry
• Experience with the Akoya Vectra and/or Codex systems, as well as comfort and facility with quantitative image analysis software tools are highly desirable.