At Delta Dental, our strategy is only as strong as the people who execute it! We are hiring individuals that are not just right for today but also for our future. We have built a foundation of high-trust by treating all people with dignity, making and keeping commitments, and consistently striving to do the right thing. Our leaders optimistically share future possibilities to inspire and motivate others toward their full potential. We expect our employees to find ways to embrace positive change, be curious and challenge the status quo, and provide solutions to unmet problems. Joining Delta Dental means joining a culture focused on fostering development, building genuine connections, recognizing each other’s strengths and sharing in successes.
The Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Strategist will help define overall content strategy, optimize new and existing content across multiple channels and identify new SEO opportunities in the health, wellness and dental insurance spaces. Additionally, this position will develop and refine a SEO experimentation framework, running A/B tests to understand which SEO strategies and tactics are most effective at impacting traffic and engagement.
How you will make an impact:
- Responsible for managing all SEO programs
- Manages and drives SEO content production process to rapidly publish valuable content at scale, establishing Delta Dental as a dominant presence for any search query related to oral health, wellness and dental insurance
- Performs regular site audits to ensure priority site sections are optimally indexed by search engines, reflect the keyword strategy and provide users content/functionality to match searcher intent
- Directs or guides other SEO team members on keyword research analysis in close partnership with development and content teams to inform organic search optimization, information architecture and landing page optimization; provides site content and keyword strategy recommendations
- Acts as a SEO evangelist by effectively communicating opportunities and risks across all parts of the organization
- Uses web analytics platform and SEO tools to monitor, analyze, and optimize website activity, traffic trends, SERP rankings and customer acquisition metrics
- Provides SEO support to IT, Content and Marketing teams for all ongoing web projects, including new product launches, page refreshes, site re-designs, analytics tools implementation and CMS rollouts
- Performs miscellaneous duties as assigned
What we look for:
- A Bachelor of Science or Arts degree in Marketing or a related field
- A minimum of 3 years related experience managing large scale websites with an e-commerce/online retail business
- Experience working with editorial teams to drive an overall content strategy
- Adobe Analytics and Google Analytics certified
- Strong experience in Adobe Experience Manager, Adobe Target, Adobe Analytics and Google Analytics
- Strong analytical skills with proven track record of managing to performance targets
- Basic understanding of HTML; ability to diagnose SEO issues and provide recommendations within both content and website source code
- Strong understanding of SEO and local SEO principles
- Familiarity with Google Search Console, search ranking factors, algorithm changes and critical updates
- Proven ability to conduct data-driven SEO site audits
- Knowledge of Delta Dental products
- Solid understanding of A/B testing, website usability and conversion optimization principles
- Ability to work cross-functionally across divisions
Benefits and perks:
- 12 days starting vacation plus 11 holidays and your birthday off!
- Multiple medical insurance options: 100% paid or low cost premiums
- 100% paid dental insurance
- 100% paid vision insurance
- Onsite gym and/or gym discount and fitness incentive
- Culture of learning: substantial tuition reimbursement to improve your skills
- Career growth: we love promoting from within
- Strong commitment to work/life balance
- Technology allowance
- Social responsibility and volunteer opportunities
At Delta Dental we:
Promote accountability, integrity and collaboration:
Our employees are collaborative, self-aware, and ethical. It is our expectation to do the right thing and follow through on commitments.
Foster professional development:
Our employees take ownership of developing themselves and others through coaching, mentoring and providing/being open to constructive feedback and identifying learning opportunities.
Value customers and cultivate positive experiences:
Our employees take time to build rapport with customers, while anticipating and exceeding their needs to ensure positive outcomes.
If you think this sounds like you, let’s chat. We would love to tell you more!
Follow us @lifeatDDins on Instagram, lifeatDDins on Facebook, @lifeatDDins on Twitter
ABOUT Delta Dental
Delta Dental covers more Americans than any other dental benefits provider. As an employee you’ll take part in our mission to become the trusted health partner by collaborating with our communities and employees to reimagine and deliver new possibilities in an ever-changing environment. Our Enterprise Strategy focuses on pillars of Growth and Diversification, supported by the platforms of Culture and People, Process and Technology. Our employees take pride working for a purpose-driven organization and live our values of Trust, Service, Excellence and Innovation. We are part of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of companies that provides dental coverage to 74 million people in the U.S. Delta Dental of California, Delta Dental of New York, Inc., Delta Dental of Pennsylvania and Delta Dental Insurance Company, together with our affiliate companies, form one of the nation’s largest dental benefits delivery systems, covering 33 million enrollees. All of our companies are members, or affiliates of members, of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of 39 Delta Dental companies throughout the country. Delta Dental provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Delta Dental complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.