At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare all have web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About The Department
Security at Cloudflare is a focused team committed to helping secure both Cloudflare and our customers. The Strategic Projects team within Security works closely with engineering and product teams on security innovation from the inside out, product deployments as Cloudflare’s MVP customer, and security opportunities and risks utilizing a “diagonal” approach.
About The Role
Your main role will be to partner with teams across the company, including product, engineering, and other Security teams, to plan, track, and manage execution of product deployments as Cloudflare’s MVP customer. Security is one of the main pillars of Cloudflare’s products, and Cloudflare’s Security team is in a prime position to test, use, and iterate upon these products to continue to build a better, more secure Internet. You will be responsible for:
- Understanding Security & Privacy and our products from a technical and business perspective; develop broad domain and technical knowledge.
- Identifying strategic opportunities to use our Cloudflare products to secure Cloudflare.
- Working cross-functionally to deploy Cloudflare products across the whole company.
- Diving into technical problems and collaborate effectively with technical stakeholders.
- Advocating for Security as a customer of our own products.
- Partnering with product to scope features and develop and test MVPs or POCs to win Cloudflare Security and customer opportunities.
- Transform data and information into actionable, clearly communicated insights.
As a Security Engineer on Security Strategic Projects, you will be empowered to identify, define, and accomplish strategic goals to keep our company, our employees, and our customers’ data safe - as well as take the learnings from our own Security team to drive innovation for our customers.
- Experience in engineering creative solutions in response to ever changing methodologies.
- Experience in developing and debugging in at least one programming language
- Exceptional empathy and integrity. Demonstrated success in earning trust across a broad variety of stakeholders and making principled decisions.
- Strong communication abilities, both written and verbal.
- Technically curious with ability to quickly understand technical architecture and problems / participate in technical discussions. Engineers want to work closely with you.
- Able to wear multiple hats and creatively solve problems without losing sight of the big picture.
- Able to gather information and data directly from source systems and tools.
- Possess a product-oriented mindset. You can step into the mindset of end users to understand their needs and use cases.
- Self-motivated and able to progress forward independently with little direction.
- Comfortable owning and juggling multiple projects at once.
- Thrive in ambiguous environments. You are able to ask the right questions and forge clear paths forward.
- Able to maintain operational rigor yet solve for “yes” and enable (not inhibit) our teams.
- Motivated by the idea of keeping Cloudflare and our customers safe.
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo : We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project : We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership : Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
188.8.131.52 : We released 184.108.40.206 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use - it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal - we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.