Ref ID: 00416-9502900905
Classification: Security Manager
Compensation: $17.00 to $18.00 hourly
Robert Half is seeking an individual with a background in security in San Francisco. The Security Guard will be responsible for greeting and handling visitors, clients and employees and monitoring the interior and exterior of the facility, checking to make sure that certain doors are locked when they are supposed to be and reporting any suspicious activity to the Facility Director and/or local police department immediately. The ideal candidate for this position has a background in security and a professional disposition. This position will also provide back-up coverage to Reception in handling visitors, appointments and vendor deliveries.
- Monitor, perform scheduled and random checks of designated areas throughout facility to check for any security breaches
- Identifying non-invited people on premises and escorting them off the property when it is safe and/or escalating incident to police, fire department or emergency medical services.
- Utilize and ensure Facility policies and procedures are adhered to with regard to visitor policies, safety/emergency & disaster response or security.
- Participate in Emergency and Disaster procedures as outlined in Emergency and Disaster Plan.
- Monitor unauthorized vehicles at loading zones and notify Lifeways Transportation Coordinator of any issues concerning IOA vehicles.
- Greet clients, staff, and visitors in a professional and helpful manner; provide nametags to visitors, direct visitors to appropriate destinations, notify staff of visitors as appropriate, and assist directing guests to conference spaces during events.
- Answer the security desk phone in a professional and helpful manner; take enough time to understand each caller’s requests or needs; direct calls to staff as appropriate.
- Recognize and identify urgent calls and provide direct, immediate connection to appropriate staff.
- Maintain the main lobby area, security desk and counter in an uncluttered and safe manner.
- Unlock/lock front doors and other entry areas as specified in the morning and prior to going off duty.
- Provides back up coverage to Receptionist in the following: accepting deliveries and mail; notify staff of deliveries.
- Handle employee garage parking instructions and issues as they arise. Monitor unauthorized vehicles and visitor parking as needed.
- Encourage and maintain good public relations with clients, staff, visitors, and the community.
- Follow and maintain safe work practices.
- Maintain client and employee confidentiality and privacy at all times.
- Maintain a professional and effective relationship with the local police and fire department.