Who We Are
Argo AI is a global self-driving products and services company on a mission to make the world’s streets and roadways safe, accessible, and useful for all. Our technology is built to enable commercial services for autonomous delivery and ridesharing in cities.
With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s top consumer brands, we’re working block by block, city by city to empower people and businesses to be more successful. We’re individuals driven by strong values to solve complex problems together. Come join us to reimagine the human journey.
Meet The Team
This is a 6 month contract position.
The Security Officer at Argo AI will work to maintain daily security programs that create a safe work environment for all Argo AI personnel, information, and property; all while contributing to and protecting the company culture we all are so proud of. This role will be responsible for managing physical and personnel security operations for Argo AI facilities. This role will work closely with our Manager of Physical Security and Facilities team to ensure safety protocols and standards are consistently met throughout our office. This individual will be an ambassador of Argo AI’s culture and values when working with all employees and guests!
What You’ll Do
- Ensures that the facility is provided with high-quality security services to protect people and property
- Conducts patrols, as required, of facilities to ensure a safe and secure environment
- Communicates effectively with the security and safety teams at the facility to assure business continuity
- Monitors and operates facility computers systems regularly, as assigned
- Reports safety concerns, security breaches and unusual circumstances both verbally and in writing
- Fully embraces security/safety training programs to enhance their ability to advance in their career
- Participates in industry specific security/safety training programs to offer our employees and visitors the best trained officers at their sites
- Maintains awareness of and familiarity with the site-specific operations performance manual and post orders
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and listen. The employee is frequently required to use their hands to handle and/or manipulate objects, tools, controls and related materials
- The employee is occasionally required to move about the GSOC an must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 40 pounds
- Constant mental alertness and attention to detail required while setting priorities and following up on assignments
- Specific vision abilities required of this job include; viewing monitors in close proximity, ability to distinguish between colors as well as adjust focus. Use of optical enhancements, i.e. glasses and/or contacts lenses are permitted.
- Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift
- Occasionally bend/twist at waist/knees/neck to perform various duties
- Work in various environments including adverse outdoor conditions such as cold, rain or heat
What You'll Need To Succeed
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Preferred prior dispatching, security, law enforcement or military experience
- Posses, or ability to obtain a security officer license within 6 months of employment issued by the state in which the Argo facility applied for exists; or prior Law Enforcement Certification
- As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test
- Must possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner; must be able to use initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines and maintain satisfactory attendance and punctuality standard
- As a condition of continued employment, employee must maintain current active status of all required License at all times, and must carry the license at all times while on duty
- Ability to handle both common and crisis situations at the client site, calmly and efficiently
- Must be able to handle pressure of working with high volume general public (constantly to occasionally depending on assignment)
Argo AI was founded in 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,700-person strong company with strategic partnerships with some of the world’s leading consumer brands. With global headquarters in Pittsburgh, we operate in eight cities across the U.S. and Germany in areas where self-driving technology can have the biggest impact on improving safety, traffic, and transportation equity.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.
To ensure the health and well being of our teammates and partners, Argo is working toward a policy that requires those working on site to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. The amount of on-site work required for each role will vary based on the essential functions of the position and designations made by team leaders. Whenever possible, we try to consider special circumstances and provide flexibility for some remote work.
This role is designated as one that requires frequent on-site work. Candidates should expect to come into the workplace 5 days per week. A COVID-19 vaccination is required to come on site. Argo will consider accommodations for disability and religious-based reasons or as otherwise required by applicable law.