*Covid-19 Vaccination Required*
GardaWorld - Security Services
Security Officer - Now Hiring!
You've got the right skills. What you need is the right opportunity to unleash your potential. We agree, and we're hiring!
Every day is different at GardaWorld with diverse work assignments and flexible schedules. We are leaders in Professional training programs that cover every aspect of delivering world class security services. And every industry counts on us because we're the very best at what we do. Perhaps you are, too.
In our complex world today, GardaWorld stands out as the largest privately owned security services company in the world. We're experts at protecting people and assets. We're also growing everywhere and expanding in multiple locations. If you're a sharp, talented, self-confident individual who excels in customer service, you can build a future here. We give you all the tools you need to expand your skills and grow your career with exceptional opportunities for advancement. You can stand out - and thrive - here, too, as a security officer.
At GardaWorld, we know your compensation is important so we provide competitive hourly starting rates for every market we're in. We're growing our team here in San Leandro.
Shift: 4:30PM - 12:30AM, Saturday-Sunday (16hrs per week)
About the job:
- Observes and reports activities and incidents at an assigned client site, providing for the security and safety of client property and personnel.
- Performs duties which include creating and terminating access badges, performing badge audits, and generating badge access reports
- Preserves order and may act to enforce regulations and directives for the site pertaining to personnel, visitors, and premises.
- Interior and exterior patrols
- Responds to incidents of fire, medical emergency, bomb threat, flooding, water discharge, elevator emergency, hazardous materials, inclement weather, and other incidents.
- Prepares logs and reports as required.
- Performs access control functions including verifying the identity of all persons entering at our Client's complex and, if applicable, monitoring all parking and dock control, per the Client's policy.
- Strong operational knowledge of Client's ID and access control systems and policies
- Provides escort for Client's vendors and monitor all work within the data center raised floor areas
- Logs all hard drive removals and ensure all policies and procedures are followed per our Client procedures
- Accesses and monitor Client's e-mail account for badge requests
- Minimum 2 years' experience in one of, or a combination of the following:
- Security Experience (Patrol and access control experience)
- Law Enforcement (Police Academy Graduate)
- Corrections Experience (Corrections Officer)
- Military (Career/Military Police/Military Elite Forces)
- Possess or be able to obtain CPR Certification (can be obtained during onboarding)
- Possess a State Guard Card License
- Candidates must pass a physical fitness assessment during the onboarding process
- Candidates must be 21 years or older
- You have a high school education or equivalent (GED)
- You're able to ace (and pass) an extensive screening process
If you want a real career opportunity where you're part of a dynamic supportive team that's dedicated to your success, check us out. We're a global organization that embraces our cultural diversity and we promote engagement, communication, and sharing ideas across all our teams. At GardaWorld, you'll have plenty of room to grow - and that's just for starters. Explore your future with us today.