Senior Component Engineer
- Work with design engineers and suppliers to optimize design drawings and supplier manufacturing processes, provide engineering oversight, support and consultancy to suppliers on process validations, design for manufacture (DFM), material selection, and process development, Identify and prioritize parts (components and assemblies).
- The meat of this req is component development - more important than test development.
- Experience with component engineering or supplier quality or supplier development.
- New product development a plus, qualify new components with new suppliers, test method development.
- Overlap with supplier quality experience would be a good fit.
The three most important things
- Supplier process validation, component, and test methodology development, and working on validations with suppliers.
- Senior Component Engineer should have experience with component engineering or supplier quality or supplier development, new product development a plus, Solidworks a plus.
Year of experience
- Senior Component Engineer should have 6+ years of related work experience.
- Project-focused, specifically on cost and risk reductions.
- Senior Component Engineer should have a Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Advanced degree preferred.