Senior Data Scientist
- Demonstrated professional experience building machine learning models in Python.
- Demonstrated success working in collaboration with other data scientists.
- Demonstrated intellectual curiosity and humility.
- Bonus for project 1: Demonstrated experience with streaming/real-time predictive maintenance analytics.
- Bonus for project 2: Demonstrated experience with electric grid system harmonics.
LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY must be inside the state of California.
The laptop will be provided (MAC)
Data Scientist, Career, Strategic Data Science Team, Engineering, Planning & Strategy Division, client, San Francisco, CA
- The Strategic Data Science team utilizes advanced modeling and data science to drive the client’s transition to the sustainable grid of the future through quantitative decision-making.
- This work moves beyond descriptive reporting and is focused on driving the business forward through applied statistics, predictive and prescriptive analytics, and insightful tool design.
- The cornerstone of these high-value analytics is one of the largest smart meter usage databases in the industry, that when combined with billing, program engagement, customer demographic, grid, and other data sources has unprecedented potential.
Current and Past Projects Include:
- Development of computer vision models aimed at accelerating and automating asset inspections processes
- Building risk models to inform work prioritization that reduces wildfire risk in a transparent and efficient manner
- Optimizing non-wires alternative resource portfolios, including location and resource adequacy considerations
- Predicting electric distribution equipment failure before it occurs allowing for proactive maintenance
- Analyzing customer demographic, program participation, and SmartMeter interval data to build program targeted propensity, models
- Assessing the impact and viability of grid edge technologies and distributed energy resources
- Supervised and unsupervised machine learning models using Python and Spark, executed on AWS
- We are looking for a full-time data scientist to work on one or more of the areas mentioned above.
- The Strategic Data Science team is looking to expand on its data science capabilities -- you will have a unique opportunity to be at the forefront of utility industry analytics.
- In this role, you will work as part of cross-functional teams, including other data scientists, technology experts, and subject matter experts to develop data-driven solutions.
- It is the perfect role for someone who would like to continue to build upon their professional experience and gain a comprehensive view of the nation’s most advance smart grid.