Ref ID: 00340-0011810402
Classification: VP/Director of Finance
Compensation: $170000.00 to $190000.00 yearly
Would you be interested in a new Director of Finance job at a growing manufacturing/retail organization in the East Bay?
The Director of Finance works closely with the Accounting team and CEO to oversee all financial, and accounting activities. Responsibilities include financial analysis and reporting, budget management, forecasting, as well as managing the Accounting team. This role is in the office with all of the precautions
- Hands-on Leadership in the day-to-day planning, implementing, and managing of the accounting processes following US GAAP standards.
- Produce annual budget, undergo a financial audit, work with the lending group, prepare board decks, and participate in board meetings.
- Will play a significant role in evaluating current financial procedures and accounting systems to ensure effectiveness while making them efficient.
- Working with the tax accountants managing quarterly and annual tax payments.
- Be operational in nature and drive a rigorous and effective business control process with an eye on profit margin expansion.
- Work with CEO and other C-level staff to facilitate growth and expansion and apply a financial viewpoint to operational and strategic decisions.
- Oversee and mentor the accounting staff to encourage a strong and cohesive team dedicated to the goal of supporting the company’s overall objectives.
- Supervise the accounting staff- including planning, assigning, and directing work, appraising performance, addressing complaints, resolving problems, and ensuring requests from business partners are done in a timely fashion..
- Build a robust budgeting and forecast model used in monthly financial review meetings with each division head. The goals are to:
- Reveal YTD shortfalls and successes.
- Determine gaps to achieving targets.
- Develop action plan with the head of each department to close this gap and to monitor progress.