Tenaya Therapeutics is a publicly held biotechnology company committed to a bold mission: to discover, design, develop and deliver curative therapies that address the underlying drivers of heart disease. Founded by leading cardiovascular scientists from Gladstone Institutes and University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center (UTSW), we are advancing a deep and diverse pipeline that includes both gene therapies and small molecules.
Tenaya is headquartered in South San Francisco, California, USA, with a team that comprises over 110 employees. Inspired by the majesty of Tenaya Peak in Yosemite National Park, our name represents the tenacity of our team in reaching our ultimate peak – the delivery of new therapies for heart disease to the patients who need them.
For more information, please visit www.TenayaTherapeutics.com and follow us on LinkedIn.
Diversity & Inclusion is a core Value for Tenaya Therapeutics, and we encourage those from under-represented communities to apply.
The Senior Director, Program Leadership and Management will be responsible for managing multiple programs and leading at least one program. This individual will partner with experts in all aspects of drug product development to design and execute program strategy and plans. Experiences in nonclinical and clinical development (pre-IND/CTA through Phase 2-3) of small molecules, biologics, and/or gene therapies are highly relevant. In addition, this individual will also actively support development of the Portfolio and Program Management function by designing and implementing “fit-for-purpose” tools and processes across the portfolio.
This is a high-visibility role with opportunities to shape the future and grow with an emerging biotech company.
- Design, develop, and maintain integrated project schedules, milestones for multiple programs
- Build and employ project management tools and processes to support program towards a pipeline of multiple early-stage therapeutics programs.
- Direct and facilitate cross-functional integration of activities across Research, Translational Medicine, CMC/Manufacturing, Clinical, Regulatory Affairs, Patient Advocacy, etc. from research to development stages of product development for more than one Tenaya programs
- Lead up to one pre-IND stage program team by facilitating integrated program strategy and plans, including budgets, timelines, etc.
- Enable program teams to establish objectives with ongoing assessment of progress, challenges
- Ensure cross-functional alignment and informed organizational leadership of program status; drive team towards unconventional thinking and reinforce creativity
- Oversee ongoing program risk assessment, contingency planning, and operational follow-through
- Partner with functional leadership to frame and drive decisions for programs
- Monitor, track, and report program progress; compare progress against approved plans and budgets
- Conduct situational analysis for complex scientific or business challenges faced by program teams
- Identify pinch-points proactively, surface issues, and drive resolution; in consultation with cross-functional program teams
- Provide ad hoc project and timeline management support across functions as the business requires
- MS or higher degree in life sciences related disciplines; PhD and/or business education a plus
- Minimum of 8 years of biotech, pharma, medical device, or related industry experience
- Demonstrated expertise in program management skills, including design and maintenance of project schedules and resource management
- Previous experience in leading and facilitating cross-functional program teams required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
- Demonstrated ability to analyze complex scientific or business issues and identify path forward
- Critical to influence key stakeholders without line reporting authority
- Positive outlook and can-do attitude
- Experience in biologics or gene and cell therapy desired
We offer a dynamic start-up environment and a collaborative, passionate team that is focused on a compelling vision and mission.
We offer competitive salary and stock options. Excellent medical and non-medical benefits. Paid vacation, sick time and holidays.
State-of-the-art, built-to-suit office and lab space, part of a larger cluster of biotech companies, with amenities that include a bowling alley and onsite gym.
Shuttle service to/from Caltrain, BART and the South San Francisco Ferry.
Tenaya is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.