Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
The Senior Director, Strategic Program Management reports directly to Optum Financials’ Senior Vice President of Integrations and Portfolio Management and is responsible for driving the planning and execution of a key initiative directly supporting and enabling Optum Financials’ growth. This includes working directly with our Chief Innovation Officer to help execute on scalable and repeatable processes for effective/efficient integrations which assure the company can service new and existing business that meets our final contractual and customer expectations from a strategic, cultural, systems and operational perspective.
Duties include creating and executing plans for integrating with strategic partners deliver a solution to be the foundation for other provider facing financial services offerings for spend management and core banking/treasury services. Developing and maintaining relationships across the enterprise and within external entities to effectively manage cross functional is key to our success. Primary responsibilities include partnership and integration project efforts with various internal teams as well as external partnership organizations, accountability for deliverables on all assigned program development and integrations, and alignment with Optum Financials’ functional areas and shared service functions.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges. Eden Prairie, MN or San Francisco, CA highly preferred.
- Partner with Optum Financial Leadership business and technology to establish program structure and governance and develop and oversee end to end strategy
- Generate program and integration plans and track efforts to assure desired outcomes are achieved in support of IOI goals
- Ensure key milestones are met and proactively resolve issues and remove roadblocks, ensuring integration projects are completed on time and in scope
- Direct program and integration activities using strategic decision making throughout integration process
- Work collaboratively with other leaders as part Optum Financials’ business integrations team while enabling the ability to leverage enterprise assets
- Serve as a key member of the Program Execution Team along with key work streams to ensure budget, capital spend, IT integration and scope all remain on track
- Facilitate all updates and presentations to executive leadership on implementation plans and expected results. Document decisions within an Implementation Plan
- Provides subject matter expertise in areas including project scope definition, risk identification, project methodology, resource allocation, facilitation, and other areas of expertise based on established project management techniques
- Research and resolve complex inquiries/issues requiring expert job knowledge and comprehensive understanding of downstream impacts
- Lead cross functional implementation team with direct and indirect leadership duty
- Generate supporting materials for clients including implementation guides, system reference documents, and standard customer correspondence
- Clearly and consistently track metrics and goals, document decisions, risks and manage end to end program plan
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 8+ years of execution management experience directly leading projects, including senior leadership engagement
- 5+ years within execution of large multi-tenant initiatives, integration, provider financing (preferably experience within a startup)
- 3+ years of end-to end and business and technology Program Management experience including experience with the Software Development Lifecycle
- 2+ years of experience with solid understanding of the dynamic Provider Community
- Leadership experience working with cross-functional teams involving direct reports, matrix partners, and/or purchased/vended services
- Project execution with demonstrated track record of increasing responsibility and accountability
- Ability to travel up to 50% as required for project work if based outside of MN or CA
- Advanced degree (MBA, Master’s degree) and/or Health industry experience
- Market and industry knowledge
- Comprehensive understanding of valuation methodologies
- Experience leading and coaching people
- Experience handling multiple, complex and competing priorities and projects
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or other project management certification
- Proficiency with MS Office (Including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access, Teams)
- Proficiency with MS Project and MS Visio
- Solid operational focus with demonstrated project management, change management and execution skills
- Self-motivated and able to work with little direct supervision and drive results with disciplined follow-though
- Solid strategic thinking and business acumen with the ability to align people related strategies and recommendations with business objectives
- Adaptable and flexible style of collaborating with key stakeholders in setting direction
- Proven ability to quickly gain credibility, influence and partner with business leaders and technology community. High integrity with a reputation of a trusted confidential advisor and partner
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $130,300 to $250,200. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Strategic Program Management, SDLC, Initiatives, Provider, Provider Financing, Travel, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota, San Francisco, CA, California, Telecommute, Work from home, Remote