Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
This position is responsible for performing comprehensive research, managing program analytical portfolios, and identifying key business problems. Develops and improves quantitative data analytics and sets performance targets for the enterprise. Interprets and analyzes medical and administrative data from various sources and recommends best approaches for its consolidation.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Serves as a Senior Healthcare Economics / Analytics consultant for national and local market projects
- Develops comprehensive understanding of programs being measured
- Manages complex projects to completion by contributing to data collection, data analysis, statistical modeling, and financial reports
- Identifies and implements consistent and sustainable analytic processes and methodologies in order to track and measure program effectiveness
- Performs statistical and trend analyses to determine effectiveness of clinical programs (e.g. pre-post analysis, clinical trial results)
- Partners with business leaders to develop effective strategies
- Collects, analyzes, and performs quality assurance on analytic initiatives that consume data from multiple sources
- Works with a variety of teams to identify areas of opportunity in order to drive financial performance of programs
- Provides consistent and timely communication on projects, results, and conclusions from analyses
- Participates in the development of business strategy when necessary
- Extracts, aggregates, and quality assurance on applicable data from multiple sources and tables for purposes of root cause analysis
- Performs data analytics in support of trend identification, initiative, program development and validation
- Communicate results to relevant audiences and customers and incorporate results into financial forecasts, if applicable
- Provides ongoing communications on project status, results, and conclusions from analyses
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Statistics, Finance, Health Administration, or related field
- 5+ years of Healthcare Analytics or Financial experience
- 3+ years of experience using SQL query techniques to access rational databases
- Experience working in an Enterprise Data Warehouse environment or multiple source data warehouse
- Proficient with MS Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Proficiency with SAS and/or other statistical programs
- Proficiency with Tableau
- Sound verbal and written communication skills, including ability to present ideas and concepts effectively
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job keywords: Senior Healthcare Economic Consultant, Healthcare Economic Consultant, Consultant, Data Analysis, SQL, Reporting, Tableau, Affordability, Costs, SQL Server, Healthcare Analytics, Financial Analytics, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote, WAH, Indianapolis, IN, Indiana