At Delta Dental, our strategy is only as strong as the people who execute it! We are hiring individuals that are not just right for today but also for our future. We have built a foundation of high-trust by treating all people with dignity, making and keeping commitments, and consistently striving to do the right thing. Our leaders optimistically share future possibilities to inspire and motivate others toward their full potential. We expect our employees to find ways to embrace positive change, be curious and challenge the status quo, and provide solutions to unmet problems. Joining Delta Dental means joining a culture focused on fostering development, building genuine connections, recognizing each other’s strengths and sharing in successes.
The primary purpose of this position is to perform technical audits of information systems operations and computerized systems and applications, as directed by the Manager and/or Vice President of Internal Audit, with occasional supervision of staff in a limited capacity. The Senior IT Auditor will also perform internal control consulting assignments, special projects and investigations as needed.
How you will make an impact:
- Examine and evaluate the integrity of electronic information systems, hardware and software, and networks
- Occasional supervision of staff in limited assignments
- Prepare complex computer-generated reports and analyses
- Examine and evaluate the effective use of enterprise resources
- Review compliance with laws, regulations, and corporate policies
- Develop and propose recommendations for control and/or efficiency improvements
- Report on the results of audits, including recommendations and management responses thereto
- Respond to inquiries from external auditors (e.g., CPA, regulatory, group)
What we look for:
- BA / BS degree with Accounting or Information Systems concentration
- Advanced college degree (Master’s) preferred
- 6 years (minimum) information systems auditing experience required
- Experience with Sarbanes Oxley compliance preferred
- Professional certification (CISA, CISSP, GIAC) preferred
- Strong knowledge of emerging Cybersecurity issues, computer hardware, Agile software development, networks, systems and applications
- Good organizational/time management skills and multi-tasking abilities
- Strong computer skills in order to obtain, analyze and present data to management
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Good analytical skills with the ability to formulate recommendations for improvement and communicate same to multiple levels of management
- Professional-level knowledge of information systems governance (COBIT, ITIL) and internal control (COSO) principles
Benefits and perks:
- 12 days starting vacation plus 11 holidays and your birthday off!
- Multiple medical insurance options: 100% paid or low cost premiums
- 100% paid dental insurance
- 100% paid vision insurance
- Onsite gym and/or gym discount and fitness incentive
- Culture of learning: substantial tuition reimbursement to improve your skills
- Career growth: we love promoting from within
- Strong commitment to work/life balance
- Social responsibility and volunteer opportunities
At Delta Dental we:
Promote accountability, integrity and collaboration:
Our employees are collaborative, self-aware, and ethical. It is our expectation to do the right thing and follow through on commitments.
Foster professional development:
Our employees take ownership of developing themselves and others through coaching, mentoring and providing/being open to constructive feedback and identifying learning opportunities.
Value customers and cultivate positive experiences:
Our employees take time to build rapport with customers, while anticipating and exceeding their needs to ensure positive outcomes.
If you think this sounds like you, let’s chat. We would love to tell you more!
ABOUT Delta Dental
Delta Dental covers more Americans than any other dental benefits provider. As an employee you’ll take part in our mission to become the trusted health partner by collaborating with our communities and employees to reimagine and deliver new possibilities in an ever-changing environment. Our Enterprise Strategy focuses on pillars of Growth and Diversification, supported by the platforms of Culture and People, Process and Technology. Our employees take pride working for a purpose-driven organization and live our values of Trust, Service, Excellence and Innovation.
We are part of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of companies that provides dental coverage to 74 million people in the U.S. Delta Dental of California, Delta Dental of New York, Inc., Delta Dental of Pennsylvania and Delta Dental Insurance Company, together with our affiliate companies, form one of the nation’s largest dental benefits delivery systems, covering 33 million enrollees. All of our companies are members, or affiliates of members, of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of 39 Delta Dental companies throughout the country.
Delta Dental provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Delta Dental complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.