About the Team
The DoorDash New Business Development team is a small, fast-paced, high-performing group responsible for incubating new lines of business and graduating them to scale. Current areas of focus include partnerships in new verticals (Healthcare, Government & Non Profit, Logistics, etc.) and in support of new lines of business (DoorDash Drive, Storefront, etc.). The team’s primary function is end-to-end partnership development, but it also touches strategy, product management, marketing, operations, finance, legal, and other functions necessary to vet and scale new offerings and partner segments.
About the Role
As a Manager of New Business Development, you will lead partnerships in the Government & Non Profit sector, as DoorDash seeks to serve these entities, their clients and constituents with greater efficiency and effectiveness. You will work in close collaboration with Strategy & Operations, Policy and Social Impact teams to increase and streamline the distribution of needed resources, foster more direct, responsive constituent connection online and offline, and provide best-in-class fulfillment solutions for state and local governments and leading nonprofits globally using DoorDash’s technology and logistics platform. In doing so, you will help transform the way that governments and non-profits service their constituents, impacting millions of people in communities around the world.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Lead exploratory discussions with prospective partners to determine market fit, size and readiness for strategic partnerships.
- Craft DoorDash’s go-to-market narrative and product positioning for the Government & Non profit vertical
- Negotiate first-of-a-kind partnerships, including deal economics
- Develop and manage pipelines of target partners
- Manage and grow existing partnerships
- Inform goals for growth and advise on associated business resource needs
- Work cross-functionally and serve as the liaison between our partners and DoorDash leadership, Product Management, Legal, Operations, and other functional teams
- Establish deep relationships with senior partner stakeholders; use market insights to identify net new opportunities to better serve Government & Nonprofit entities and their constituents
- Are a self-starter with a passion for social impact
- Are entrepreneurial, comfortable with ambiguity and rapid change, and love turning unstructured problems into a well-defined plan.
- You have excellent judgement. You are comfortable making decisions based on imperfect data
- You are a master communicator, inclusive of listening and speaking
- You are a proven leader, collaborator, and consensus builder
- You set and communicate clear and effective visions and strategies for your teams
- You are a purpose driven problem solver with healthy impatience and a strong bias for action
- You are naturally optimistic and resilient, but not blinded by conviction
- You cultivate extensive mutually beneficial relationships
- You are functionally self sufficient and thrive cross functionally
- You are intellectually curious and flexible, but progress and results oriented
- You are similarly comfortable setting big picture strategy as you are rolling up your sleeves
We're excited about you because...
- You have 8+ years experience in early stage business development or partnerships; prior Nonprofit experience preferred
- You have sourced and negotiated numerous first-of-a-kind deals and partnerships
- You have extensive experience defining business cases and go-to-market strategies
- You have extensive cross-functional experience
- You have a Bachelor’s degree; MBA or JD preferred
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.
We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall wellbeing by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.