http://embeecavaliers.com/2019/11/saying-goodbye-to-mylee/ Rapidly growing life sciences technology company
Ultima Genomics is a rapidly growing company that is developing ground-breaking genomics technologies. Our mission is to continuously drive the scale of genomic information to enable unprecedented advances in biology and improvements in human health. We have developed a foundational new approach to sequencing at scale that overcomes limitations due to the high costs of current technologies. We are well-funded and have raised approximately $600 million from global top-tier investors. Our team brings together unique and diverse expertise across multiple disciplines, from healthcare and life sciences, to engineering, to technology and software and beyond. We are a collaborative group of more than 350 employees, including successful entrepreneurs, chemists, hardware and software engineers, genomics and biotechnology experts, molecular and computational biologists, software and algorithm experts, and operations and commercial leaders. Join us to develop and commercialize technologies that unleash the power of genomics at scale and empower the future of human health.
We are looking for a highly motivated Senior Manufacturing Engineer to join our team!
Avanigadda How You'll Contribute
- Define and develop manufacturing methods and instructions to assemble, and test complex instruments as part of the new product introduction (NPI) team.
- Design, develop and produce tooling to facilitate the manufacturing process while improving the quality and consistency of the production.
- Lead continuous improvement, cost reduction, and outsourcing projects, in collaboration with R&D, Test Engineers, Supply Chain and Quality.
- Collaborate, train, and support internal and external (Contract Manufacture partners) build activities to ensure quality of products executed in a timely way.
- Participate in troubleshooting, problem solving, failure analysis, root cause, and corrective action processes as required.
- Evaluate reliability of the system and identify opportunity for improvements.
- Champion, coordinate and manage product changes (ECO & MCO) including decisions on material disposition, update work instructions and test requirements.
- Evaluate reliability, define spare part lists, build, test, and replacement procedures which can be used by field service engineers on customer sites, in collaboration with R&D and Field Services,
- Represent Manufacturing organization in the NPI process.
Poissy Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering/physics/electrical engineering/industrial engineering or a bachelor's degree in another discipline + relevant experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in manufacturing of complex optical assemblies.
- Knowledge of the fundamental's in physics, mechanics, optics, electronics, and fluidics.
- Experience with imaging and/or optically probing biological systems.
- Experience in documentation of complex mechanical assembly procedures.
- Strong problem solving, validation and characterization skills; ability and willingness to adapt quickly to new challenges in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with mechanical and/or opto-mechanical components and assemblies in SolidWorks.
- Ability and willingness to learn all of the above through on the job training and/or self-study.
- Experience in fixture design using SolidWorks.
- Previous experience in managing extensive bill of materials (BOM) and interfacing with vendors for problem solving.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Collaborative attitude and eagerness to work on a highly multi-disciplinary team.
Ultima Genomics is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable laws. See also Ultima Genomics' EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by contacting [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].