Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world’s biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization. Our Transportation Market in the US West, is looking for a Senior Outreach / Engagement Specialist to join the Highways, Roads, Bridges Business Group. In this role, you will work closely with multiple other business groups (Transportation Planning, Maritime & Coastal, Transit and Rail, Water/Wastewater, etc.) and markets (Environmental, Water, Digital, Advisory, and Energy).
This position is a senior management role that will lead and support complex projects in transportation and engineering planning and agency strategic planning. This position will help support companywide best-practice training and tool development for stakeholder and community engagement strategies, addressing equity in transportation, and communicating transportation evaluations to the public and decision makers.
The ideal candidate will be proactive with a positive attitude, willing to take on new challenges and lead tasks, organized and deliverable-oriented, and passionate about teaching and mentoring other professionals.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Winning, leading, and/or supporting GHD projects across multiple service lines through stakeholder and community engagement, and agency-strategic planning
- Working with multi-disciplinary teams on a variety of complex corridor studies, transit operations, area plans, system plans, and other technical transportation projects
- Mentoring less-experienced staff in their professional growth and enhancing their skills
- Reviewing proposal and technical deliverables
- Presenting and communicating technical findings to clients, agency staff, and stakeholders
- Maintaining existing and developing new client relationships, including working with our team of experts to expand our practice
- Developing new leads and leading or assisting in pursuits of projects
- Developing project schedules, budgets, and scopes
- Attending programmed conferences and related client / industry events
- Traveling within the West, primarily California, to meet the engagement and client development needs for existing and new clients.
- Minimum 15 years’ experience in stakeholder engagement, community outreach, communications, or public relations
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Ability to mediate challenging situations to resolve issues with the public stakeholders, contractors, and clients
- Maintain a calm and professional demeanor while under duress
- An ability to understand complex technical information and interpret for various audiences
- Ability to multi-task and work with a dynamic schedule
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Licensed Driver within the State of California and a personal vehicle for travel (Reimbursement provided for job-related mileage)
- Experience with California MPO’s and Self-Help Counties
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.