Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World Senior Paralegal Responsibilities/Duties. * Reviews and analyzes documents, transcripts, files, and other materials for responsiveness and to locate information and evidence relevant to investigative actions or responsive to requests for production, interrogatories, requests for admissions, and other discovery requests.
* Provides technical assistance to attorneys using automated case management systems and maintains recordkeeping systems for tracking the progress of investigations and cases.
* Uses electronic databases and other electronic means to perform litigation support tasks, including reviewing, organizing, indexing, tagging, and summarizing documents, files, and other materials. Conducts database searches for documents and information.
* Performs intensive document review in accordance with review protocols, regularly meeting or exceeding the minimum number required on a weekly basis (which will vary depending on the complexity and nature of the assignment).
* Assists attorneys with all phases of civil and criminal litigation, including pretrial discovery, motions, hearings, trials, and appeals.
* Identifies possibly privileged documents and reviews and prepares privilege logs.
* Assists attorneys in preparing for, and conducting, depositions and interviews with investigative sources, expert witnesses, and prospective fact witnesses.
* An ability to review Spanish-language documents is desirable (3 positions required).
* This position is fully remote, but with a requirement to come into the office as needed (subject to change). Required: * Must be a US Citizen and able to obtain a government security clearance.
* Requires paralegal certificate, or JD, or currently attending an ABA-accredited law school, having completed at least one year of study , or an equivalent level of legal training or experience; or an equivalent level of education may be substituted.
* At least two years of litigation paralegal experience or project experience (as related to the task order) is required.
* At least one year of experience in automated litigation support.
* Requires sound working knowledge of federal and state court system, legal research procedures, and legal research resources.
* Requires excellent written and oral communication skills and thorough knowledge of legal research tools such as LEXIS and Westlaw.
* Must have hands-on familiarity with a variety of computer applications, including word processing, databases (such as document review and file management systems), spreadsheets, imaging, and hardware systems.
* Role also requires hands-on familiarity with ESI tools and knowledge of eDiscovery procedures and resources.
* An ability to review Spanish-language documents Strongly Preferred: * Document Review experience in Relativity. PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran's status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law. EEO is the Law Poster EEO is the Law Poster Supplement