Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 107,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries
At Abbott, we believe people with diabetes should have the freedom to enjoy active lives. That’s why we’re focused on helping people with diabetes manage their health more effectively and comfortably, with life-changing products that provide accurate data to drive better-informed decisions. We’re revolutionizing the way people monitor their glucose levels with our new sensing technology.
Our location in Alameda, CA currently has an opportunity for a Senior Product Manager, Digital Marketing.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The Senior Product Manager, Digital Marketing is a leadership position in Global Strategic Marketing. This role will be commercially focused and represent both business and customer needs globally to identify opportunities to improve and enhance the effectiveness of digital marketing/platforms including websites, landing pages, customer acquisition and retention, advertising and social media. The Senior Product Manager, Digital Marketing will create, drive and communicate digital & social media marketing best practices for Abbott’s Diabetes Care division. They will focus on helping country affiliates deliver and maintain an excellent customer experience online. They will facilitate workshops (in person and via WebEx) to keep the marketers globally informed and engaged on the tools available and how to utilize them. The Senior Product Manager, Digital Marketing will be an expert in key disciplines such as data management, usability, accessibility, digital marketing and analytics.
Manages multiple marketing responsibilities and business processes. Digital & social media marketing expert for Global Strategic Marketing and consultant for affiliate countries. Reviews country projects/initiatives/objectives as outlined in the business case to be sure there is alignment to product positioning and marketing strategies. Ensure business monitoring of website performance, key service level agreements and key performance indicators. Manages digital marketing budget. Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate at all levels within internal departments and external agencies and with the ability to explain complex elements in a simple way.
Digital marketing experience either at an agency or client directly executing digital projects. Product management or medical device marketing experience. Strong presentation and communication skills, proactive and resourceful with a “can do” attitude.
• Strong interest and enthusiasm for marketing and digital & social channels
• Innovative and able to think open and broadly
• Strong technical aptitude, experience with social media platforms (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube)
• Strong analytical skills able to draw conclusions from data, management information and trends
• Enjoy responding quickly and influencing people to deliver
• Ability to learn a new subject quickly
• Excellent presentation skills
• Sound time management skills, ensuring that work is produced to agreed deadlines and high standard
• Highly organized, focused and committed to achieving goals
• Ability to work under pressure and within tight deadlines on several initiatives simultaneously
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
Bachelors Degree with at least 4-6 years of related experience, with at least one year of experience in marketing or product management, or MBA with 1-3 years of related experience. Strong presentation & communication skills, strategic planning, critical thinking and analysis of market conditions.
Product management experience in medical products or services preferred
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
• Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
• Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
• Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
• Paid time off
• 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
• The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com/pages/candidate.aspx
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity. Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.