Duration: 12 Months
Work location:- South San Francisco, CA
Title: Scientist - III (Senior)
The successful candidate will have a working understanding of antibody discovery from immunized animals.
The candidate will be able to demonstrate strong tissue culture skills and past experience performing hybridoma fusions.
The candidate is expected to work effectively within the antibody generation group, to be able to perform standard hybridoma fusion and cell culture protocols, to be able to screen and characterize antibody candidates using techniques such as ELISA and FACS, to accurately report and analyze data, and to maintain a detailed laboratory notebook.
5+ years of experience in antibody discovery and characterization
• BS or MS in cell biology, immunology, biochemistry or a related discipline of relevant experience
• Solid scientific understanding and hands-on experience performing hybridoma fusions and screening antibody candidates
• Hands-on experience characterizing antibodies for protein binding, cell binding (FACS), and functional activity
• Experience with molecular biology techniques would be a plus
• A goal oriented team player with strong organizational, excellent verbal, and written communication skills