Senior Scientist / Emeryville, CA
Kelly Services is currently seeking a Senior Scientist for one of our top clients in Emeryville, CA.
Duration: 12 months
Pay: $73/hr - $82/hr
- Demonstrate ability to develop new techniques, solve complex problems, author technical protocols and reports; and evaluate and implement new instrumentation or process techniques.
- Design and takes lead with regards to the execution of laboratory-based studies to screen, optimize, and scale production processes, analyzes and interprets results for novel and scientifically complex experiments, participates in process improvement, development, and qualification activities.
- Independently prepares and edits procedures or technical reports of a complex nature, including data interpretation, suitable for regulatory submission.
- Provides guidance and may manage work activities of other staff members for specific projects or objectives.
- Direct interaction and effective collaboration with project team members, including presenting data at project team meetings; critical review of data; and active involvement in solving technical challenges that arise during development.
- Interfaces with other departmental groups such as R&D, Quality Assurance, Regulatory Affairs, Supply Chain and Manufacturing
- The individual will be accountable for scientific data review including data integrity verification, statistical analysis and technical report writing.
- Strong ability to set and meet deadlines, multitask and prioritize resources based on project needs.
- Maintains laboratory facilities and equipment in accordance with company policies and industrial best practices.
- A flexible schedule with the ability to do some shift work and availability on weekends.
- Minimum of 12 years of related experience in product development, manufacturing science and technology, process engineering within the pharmaceutical industry required
- Has considerable Technical/Scientific knowledge in professional field of specialization and biopharmaceutical processes, both process development and manufacturing scales of operation
- Has considerable knowledge and technical expertise of analytical techniques such as SDS-PAGE, HPLC, Amino Acid Analysis, ELISA's and in vitro diagnostic test kits, Lowry, Bradford, Western Blotting, Mass Spectrometry, Dynamic Light Scattering, and Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC).
- Demonstrate an understanding of above techniques and able to troubleshoot methods and recognize anomalous data
- Ability to introduce new/modern analytical techniques that can reduce times and increase throughput
- Familiarization with global regulations on drugs, medical devices, combination products or validation / qualification requirements
- Education: Bachelor's Degree is required. Degree in Biology, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or closely related scientific / technical discipline is preferred.
- Presentation, reporting, analysis and problem-solving skills
- Languages: English: Able to Speak, Read, Write
Important information: This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. Applicants must be legally permitted to work in the United States. Email [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] for questions about the position but please apply online to be considered for the position.
- As a Kelly Services employee, you will have access to numerous perks, including:
- Exposure to a variety of career opportunities as a result of our expansive network of client companies
- Career guides, information and tools to help you successfully position yourself throughout every stage of your career
- Access to more than 3,000 online training courses through our Kelly Learning Center
- Weekly pay and service bonus plans
- Group-rate insurance options available immediately upon hire*
*Available for purchase and administered by a designated third-party vendor
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it’s the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.