Senior Scientist/Principal Scientist- Medicinal Chemistry
Our client is searching for an experienced medicinal chemist with industry experience in drug discovery to play a leadership role at our research site located in South San Francisco. Pioneering Contract Research Organization based in Shanghai, China, which focuses on drug discovery research services across a variety of disciplines including small-molecule chemistry support, PKDM services, in vitro and in vivo biology, contract manufacturing and discovery biologics. With a team of over 2000 scientists and many western-trained pharmaceutical industry executives in senior management, company is equipped to accomplish the research initiatives of pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies from around the world. The company is well-positioned to provide technical capability as well as intellectual expertise to our collaborators so that they may realize their drug discovery research objectives. The site in South San Francisco aims to provide research partners with a value-added service that surpasses the CRO industry standard. The goal is to deliver complete research solutions to our partners, as opposed to limited research execution. We are seeking experienced, talented medicinal chemists to contribute to the success of our model for innovation partnerships.
- Small-molecule drug discovery project leadership that integrates client objectives with full use of Company resources
- Flexibility to support programs that require project management across functions and that may necessitate contributions from the bench with laboratory-based research
- Broad capability in designing small-molecule drug candidates based on in vitro and in vivo biological activity, PKDM, physicochemical and IP-relevant data
- Understanding of current synthetic methods, traditional medicinal chemistry principles, general target biology, structure-based drug design and IP concerns related to small molecule drug discovery
- Effective communication with the client as well as the project team members located in China
- Ph.D. in organic or medicinal chemistry with 5 years’ experience in small molecule medicinal chemistry at pharma or biotech companies
- Record of achievement in drug discovery by published peer-reviewed journals, patent applications and/or IND-filings
- Experience leading chemistry teams on small-molecule drug discovery projects
- Demonstrated expertise in structure-based drug design that includes familiarity with computational tools commonly used in the field
- Drive to be a defining and indispensable member of an evolving, industry-leading team that sets the standard for innovation partners world-wide
- The successful candidate should have a demonstrated record of achievement in medicinal chemistry, exhibited by publications, patents and/or IND-filings, and a deep understanding of both synthetic organic methodology and medicinal chemistry.
- Additionally, the ideal candidate will be a dynamic individual capable of managing relationships with our clients and our-China based colleagues.
- Experience leading research programs in small molecule lead discovery and optimization is critical, and the ability to manage chemistry and project teams located primarily in China is necessary.
- The position is based in South San Francisco, but limited travel to China will be necessary.
- English fluency is required, and Mandarin fluency is preferred but not required.
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it’s the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.