Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.SM
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8 hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 9:00am – 5:00pm CST. Training will be conducted virtually from your home.
If you are located in the Sugar Land, TX you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
We offer 4 weeks of paid training.
Training will be conducted virtually from your home.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Provide compliance and service delivery oversight to Texas contracted transportation vendor
- Provide operational instruction and guidance to business partners impacted by NEMT business process solutions (e.g., procedure, system, or applications)
- Collaborate with stakeholders (e.g., senior leadership; end users) to ensure consistent use and application of solutions across functions and teams
- Engage with individual members and/or providers directly to identify appropriate transportation needs considering current and relevant NEMT policies (e.g., method of transportation and length of trip reviews)
- Coordinate with other social determinant of health coordinators (e.g. employment, housing, financial services, etc.) to facilitate access to support services to sponsor successful tenancy and whole person coordination.
- Identify, implement and continuously enhance efficiencies in order to consistently exceed our member’s service delivery expectations
- Serving as primary subject matter expert for state deliverables, complaints, state audits, joint operating committee and internal transportation vendor oversight committee meetings
- Support to vendor oversight in a full service delivery model to ensure minimal abrasion
- Collaboration with state agencies, community organizations and other social service agencies to promote and grow transportation opportunities within the region and/or state.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in a healthcare related field (e.g., Clinical Social Work or Nursing) or related field or equivalent work experience
- Strong understanding of low income and/or Medicaid populations with complex needs.
- Must live in the state of Texas.
- 3+ years project management experience
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Advance degree or licensure (e.g., MSW, LCSW, LMHC, Psychiatric RN)
- Public speaking experience
- Vendor oversight experience with Metric/compliance focus
- Project management experience
- Experience mapping, analyzing, documenting, and improving processes
- Must be able to create, edit, save and send documents utilizing Microsoft Word and Excel
- Demonstrated ability to effectively network, build connections and develop strong relationships in the community.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven project tracking, presentation and reporting skills
- Motivated and driven to succeed
- Must be comfortable taking ownership and accountability for projects
- Ability to build strong, credible relationships by working across multiple areas in a facilitative style
- Proven problem solving skills (assess, diagnose, treat, and prevent)
- Detail oriented with strong analytical skills
- Ability to structure an issue and analyze alternative solutions using appropriate metrics, data, and tools
- Ability to constantly assess risks and effectively mobilize resources to mitigate and resolve them Understanding of Medicaid and Medicare programs, as well as managed care is preferred.
- Sensitivity to individual needs and strong person centered orientation.
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business. The health and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography-specific trends. At this time, 90% of our non - clinical workforce transitioned to a work at home (remote) status. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us.
You can learn more about all we are doing to fight COVID-19 and support impacted communities at: https://www.unitedhealthgroup.com/newsroom/addressing-covid.html
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in healthcare here. We serve the healthcare needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as Cardiovascular Disease, Diabetes, HIV / AIDS and High - risk Pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes - based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive Healthcare, Community, and Government partners to heal healthcare and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UHC, SAM, Service Account Manager, Healthcare, Medicaid, Texas, work at home, work from home, WAH, WFH, remote, telecommute, hiring immediately, #rpo