GAF Energy is transforming the rooftop solar industry to generate Energy From Every Roof TM. As a Standard Industries company, GAF Energy works in partnership with North America’s largest roofing and waterproofing manufacturer, GAF, offering affordable, integrated and aesthetic rooftop solar options to residential and commercial customers. For more information about GAF Energy, visit www.gaf.energy.
What part will you play?
- GAF Energy is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to help develop novel, new products that harvest energy from rooftops and deliver ultimate customer satisfaction
- This exciting role will report to the Director, Software Product, and work within a cross-functional team to develop top-tier solar products. This person will join a hands-on development team that aims to foster creativity and generates novel solutions to deliver engineering excellence
- This person is responsible for developing and architecting best-in-class software solutions for next generation solar products. They must have a passion for innovation and for being part of a team to help strengthen our commitment to leaving the world a better place than we found it
What will you be doing?
- Defining and architecting software solutions for front-end customer portal, mobile applications, back-end CRM, and data integration
- Developing technical solutions in alignment with business stakeholders and product managers
- Creating Engineering Requirement Documents and Engineering Design Documents
- Executing and implementing technical designs to create a quality product in a fast and agile manner, while ensuring it is compliant with the Engineering Requirement Documents
- Writing unit and integration tests using common development frameworks
- Prioritizing tasks in a fast-paced environment with rapid development cycles
- Researching and developing Multi-tiered Server architecture
What do we require from you?
- Computer science bachelor's degree from a reputable school
- 5+ years of professional experience in software development and agile development methodology
- Extensive experience developing web-based applications
- Understanding, use and development of salesforce dot com (SFDC)
- Strong use of source code repository
- Including version control, branching strategies, merging and rebasing
- Performance optimization experience including browser page rendering, network trafficking and back-end system tuning
- Understanding and view of Model-View-Controller (MVC) architecture
- Ability to support various frameworks
- Familiarity with cloud computing
- Strong experience and knowledge in modern Internet/Web technology for Server Application development
- Excellent communication skills: written, verbal, and via presentations
- Proven record of prioritizing multiple workloads, on-time delivery of workloads, and strong critical thinking skills
- An upbeat, adaptable and results oriented mindset