Senior Software Engineer
Robert Half is seeking a Software Engineer III to join our Client Engagement team who will analyze, design, program, debug, test, implement and modify software enhancements and/or new applications used in local, networked, or cloud-based computer programs. Code may be used in end-user applications, financial management, HRIS or client business tracking products. Completes SDLC documentation, and procedures for all phases of software development lifecycle. May interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications. Supports launched applications in the production environment.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Develop large and complex modules and components of larger system designs. Completely develop low to medium complexity systems.
- Able to code effectively on any component within an end-to-end system (db, middleware, front end).
- Perform code review on Level I and Level II staff modules and components.
- Has approval authority for Level I and Level II staff deliverables.
- Design large and complex modules and components of larger system designs. Completely design low to medium complexity systems.
- Perform design reviews for Level I and Level II staff designs and provides feedback and design support.
- Has design authority at module level for system design.
- Perform unit test planning and execution for own code.
- Reviews unit test plan and results for Level I and Level II staff.
- Define integration test strategy and plan.
- Analyze and resolve highly complex production issues defining approach and guidelines as required to resolve issue.
- Level III support.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience
- MCSx/MTA certifications or equivalent work experience
- Also, highly desired are: Azure Developer Associate and Microsoft 365 Developer Associate
- 5+ years of professional experience in software analysis, development, engineering and support in a large corporate setting.
- 5+ years’ experience writing/modifying programs for a mid to large size application.
- 5+ years’ experience administering and/or configuring an application.
- 4+ years’ relevant experience in Microsoft container, Open Source container, Java platforms, Windows Presentation or Universal Windows Platform.
- 2+ years’ experience mentoring and leading junior software engineers.
- Experience with various full cycle software development methodologies, tools and practices.
- Excellent knowledge on software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Excellent knowledge of n-tiered architecture.
- Excellent knowledge DB concepts.
- Good knowledge of XML interfaces and web services.
- Basis knowledge of network concepts.
- Ability to interact and communicate with customers of varying levels of expertise.
- Ability to communicate complex technical information to less-technical users.
- Ability to communicate in-depth business processes to technical resources.
- Ability to create very complex process flow diagrams or flowcharts that demonstrate business or system process flow.
- Ability to gather requirements effectively; document requirements and confirm observations with business owners.
- Ability to perform fit/gap analysis based on requirements.
- Ability to create detailed and complex test plans for medium-sized initiatives.
- Ability to write very complex queries and reports.
- Ability to develop and manage multiple enterprise-wide project plans, meeting established deliverables and timelines.
- Ability to provide guidance, mentoring, day-to-day support to lower level personnel, and conduct training.
- Ability to design business solutions for new processes and new business practices.
- Ability to demonstrate a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected
- Demonstrated passion for excellence in details is required
At Robert Half, there’s more to us than what we do. Learn about our values and what it’s like to work for the largest specialized staffing firm in the world at our San Ramon, California, Corporate Services office. Take a look at roberthalf.com/corporate-office-video.
Follow us on Twitter @RH_Corp_Jobs for Robert Half Corporate Services job openings and career and workplace news!
Robert Half International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/Disability/Veteran
As part of Robert Half’s Corporate Services facility employment process, any offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
Robert Half is committed to being an equal employment employer offering opportunities to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] for assistance.
In your email please include the following:
- The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application.
- The location(s) (city, state) to which you would like to apply.
You may apply for this position by email or regular mail. Please send your cover letter and resume to:
2613 Camino Ramon
San Ramon, CA 94583-9128
CA SAN RAMON CORP