The Instrument Control Software team is responsible for runtime control operations in PacBio’s DNA sequencing instruments. The Instrument Control Software manages all operational hardware, including robots, lasers, optics, electromechanical devices, and environmental modules in order to conduct DNA sequencing experiments on the instrument. We are looking for an experienced engineering-minded person to work on development of all areas of our instruments.
Personal and Professional Attributes:
- You have significant experience writing production software in industrial or scientific instruments
- You have created quality code in an agile software environment with an emphasis on automated testing
- You are able to perform root-cause analysis and debug complex software systems
- You have a strong desire to achieve commercial success with your company’s products
- Architect, design and code at both the system and device level in our DNA sequencers
- Communicate and document designs using behavioral and structural diagrams
- Write production-quality C# code with automated test coverage using NUnit and Python
- Collaborate with electrical/mechanical/optical engineers to achieve ultra-high-reliability systems
- Develop services and diagnostics to interface with custom FPGA firmware and third-party devices over serial or network connections
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
- Bachelors and/or Masters in Computer Science, Engineering, or other related discipline, or equivalent, with 5+ years related experience or equivalent
- Excellent coding skills and fluency in managed runtime environments, such as .NET or Java
- Experience with multi-threaded real-time software
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to be able to effectively interact with mechanical, electronic, quality, and manufacturing engineers
- 10+ years related experience
- Comfortable developing, testing and debugging on both Windows and Linux
- Professional experience in any of the following areas: image capture and image processing, networking protocols, microservices
- Professional experience in any of these technologies: USB serial devices, .NET Core, XSD/XML, Git, Atlassian
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.