DNV Energy Systems North America is seeking a Senior Software Developer with application security background to join our team. The successful candidate will have multifaceted responsibilities and work collaboratively across software development and support teams to develop IT software products, services, and solutions along with implementing, analyzing, monitoring and optimizing new and current systems for vulnerabilities.
This position also partners with DNV Business Analytics, Product Managers, program delivery staff, software vendors and external development partners to deliver custom IT solutions to our business clients.
Tasks May Include
- Highly knowledgeable and proven skills in Application Security principles and how they impact development and deployment of applications
- Aid design and implement application changes to meet security compliance requirements
- Evaluate new security technologies and make recommendations to strengthen our application
- Build, enhance and maintain web-based, database-intensive applications for collecting and presenting data
- Monitoring and optimizing current systems for security vulnerabilities
- Testing new systems for vulnerabilities
- Provide mentoring and coaching for IT personnel when required (e.g. secure coding practices)
- Work with minimal specifications, implementing changes into production systems, and continually managing this process.
- Interface with clients to clarify requirements
- Occasionally lead and manage IT projects and associated systems integrations to deliver projects of medium-high complexity
- Contribute to process improvement efforts and ensure adoption of standard processes, tools and procedures that deliver sustainable performance levels
- Assist in estimation, planning and development of software projects, with a particular focus on best practices for technology, architecture, and security
- Creating test scripts and implementing automated testing for web and desktop applications
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and 7 years of work experience related to software development and application security
- In lieu of degree a minimum of 7 years’ experience as a Software Engineer
- Excellent Communication and Multi-tasking skills and ability to manage multiple projects
- Do you have experience in the following technologies and tools:
- Visual Studio, SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Agile Methodology Experience
- Willingness and ability to travel 10% of the time
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- We conduct pre-employment background check and drug screening
- Experience in Microsoft Azure, DevOps, and CI/CD Tools and Processes
- Git, GitHub, SVN
- Experience with Atlassian JIRA, Bamboo
- MS Dynamics 365 CRM
- Python, REACT, Angular
- Experience in the Energy Industry
- Familiar with tools such as: Burp Suite Pro, Owasp ZAP, xsser, sqlmap, Nmap, XSStrike, dirbuster, Nikto, Sslyze, wpscan, hydra, Rapid7
**Immigration-related benefits (for example, visa sponsorship) are not available for this position**
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see: www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Please visit our website at www.dnv.com
Company & Business Area Description
DNV is the independent expert in risk management and assurance, with almost 12,000 employees operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
We provide assurance to the entire energy value chain through our advisory, monitoring, verification, and certification services. As the world's leading resource of independent energy experts and technical advisors, we help industries and governments to navigate the many complex, interrelated transitions taking place globally and regionally, in the energy industry. We are committed to realizing the goals of the Paris Agreement, and support all stakeholders to transition faster to a deeply decarbonized energy system.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!