At Guidewire, we don’t hire people who just fit in; we want team members who elevate our business, community, and company culture by being exactly who they are, 24 X 7. If you believe you have what we need and being your authentic self is important to you, too, we encourage you to apply!
Guidewire's development team is looking for an inquisitive, proactive, and experienced Senior Back-end Java Engineer to build efficient solutions for the property & casualty insurance industry. You will have the chance to impact and contribute to a sophisticated application suite of products that generate over 500 million dollars of revenue annually, critical to 100+ enterprises (including most of the world's largest insurers), serving more than a million users, and have been the foundation for in excess of a trillion dollars of transactions.
Our software supports large scale data volumes, heavy server load, and complex business logic. Our teams are lean, empowered, and collaborative. You'll work alongside intelligent colleagues who've checked their egos at the door.
NOTE: This will be a hybrid role with at least 3 days on-location work at our local San Mateo, CA office. Employee can telecommute on rest of the days.
Successful Senior Software Engineers At Guidewire Typically Have
- Hands-on experience designing, writing and testing code
- Experience working in an agile development environment (Scrum, Kanban, TDD, etc.)
- Technical leadership from solution design through release
- A desire to work collaboratively in a small, multi-functional team
- Mentored less experienced engineers
- Curiosity and internal motivation to constantly learn and improve
- Excellent communication skills, comfort level to speak their mind and defend ideas based on merit, yet humility and hunger to learn from others
Key Technical Qualifications Include Experience With
- Demonstrated ability in Core Java
- 3rd party software integrations (REST APIs, SOAP APIs, XML, JSon, etc.)
- Cloud services, containers, Application Servers, Caching, Queues (AWS, Docker, tomcat, Guava, Redis, etc.)
- Relational database persistence (e.g. Postgres, SQL Server, Oracle)
- Building secure, performant, scalable software (APM tools, profilers, performance testing tools, security scan tools)
- CI/CD tools (TeamCity, Bitbucket, Gradle, Maven, Artifactory, Nexus)
- The ideal candidate has a Computer Science degree or equivalent and shares our core values: collegiality, integrity, and rationality. See and hear from our employees in our Careers section
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 400 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 1000+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our Marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We are committed to an inclusive workplace, and believe that a diversity of perspectives, abilities, and cultures is a key to our success. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
Disability Accommodations and Guidewire’s Appeals Process. Guidewire provides accommodations to the hiring process to create a fair opportunity for candidates with disabilities to contend for open positions. Accommodation requests should be directed to (650) 356-4940 or [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] . If things do not go as hoped, we invite you to use our appeals process. Guidewire promises to independently review any denied accommodation and any decision not to offer you the position. The appeals process is the same in either case. Within five business days of receiving a notice of denial of an accommodation, or receiving a notice of your non-selection for a vacancy, call (650) 356-4940 or e-mail [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] to make an appeal. Guidewire will assign a new decision-maker to review the request and/or hiring decision, who will then notify you in writing of a decision within 10 business days.