About this role:
The Technology Enablement & Pipeline (TE&P) team within the Chief Technology Office (CTO) is responsible for product ownership, delivery, and operational support of the Enterprise Pipeline (EPL) and Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD). Our strategy focuses on building a fully automated (build, deploy, and test), end-to-end pipeline that includes a community driven inner source model, establishes self-service onboarding capabilities, and integrates software development lifecycle and segregation of duties controls.
We are hiring a Senior Java Software Engineers with expertise in Java to join the team responsible for engineering the enterprise build and release pipeline, specifically the Enterprise Pipeline (EPL). You will help define and automate the entire CI/CD process enterprise wide by building enabling capabilities to allow developers to create higher quality and more secure software, more quickly and ultimately improve quality at scale. Learn more about the career areas and lines of business at wellsfargojobs.com ..
In this role, you will:
- Lead moderately complex initiatives and deliverables within technical domain environments
- Contribute to large scale planning of strategies
- Design, code, test, debug, and document for projects and programs associated with technology domain, including upgrades and deployments
- Review moderately complex technical challenges that require an in-depth evaluation of technologies and procedures
- Resolve moderately complex issues and lead a team to meet existing client needs or potential new clients needs while leveraging solid understanding of the function, policies, procedures, or compliance requirements
- Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues, and mid-level managers to resolve technical challenges and achieve goals
- Lead projects and act as an escalation point, provide guidance and direction to less experienced staff
- Engineer a standardized, automated build and release solution for consumption/use by thousands of developers
- Create and follow enterprise standards for build and release automation
- Promote intellectual curiosity: learn and apply new concepts and technologies rapidly,
- Innovate: develop POCs to demonstrate viability of new technologies that support business needs and will achieve automation at scale
- Problem Solving: Apply advanced technical troubleshooting capabilities to resolve complex, technical issues
- Understand the customer build, release, and deploy automation needs and provide solutions that align with Enterprise DevOps standards and Wells Fargo's vision and values
- Provide consultation and training to application teams on the Enterprise Pipeline (EPL) and benefits wherever applicable to promote self-diagnosis and self-service potential
Required Qualifications, US:
- 4+ years of Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 3+ years of Spring framework experience such as Spring Boot with a strong understanding/working knowledge of advanced Spring concepts such as Spring Reactive, Spring AOP and others
- 1+ year of experience with secure DevOps and deployment automation to cloud environments
- Working knowledge on Microservices development
- Experience utilizing PowerShell, Bash, Perl, or Python to automate complex manual tasks
- Agile experience
- Knowledge and understanding of application or software security such as: web application penetration testing, secure code review, secure static code analysis
- Knowledge and understanding of application analysis and tuning including: memory management, process or thread management, resource management
- DEFAULT: An industry-standard technology certification
- DEFAULT: Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Good analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Enterprise experience with one or more CI/CD implementation, configuration management and orchestration tools: Jenkins, Maven, Gradle, GitHub Actions, Harness IO, Spinnaker, Terraform
- Experience with one or more Cloud platforms: AWS, Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Azure
- API development experience with Apigee, Mulesoft, or a similar framework
- Grid computing / Elastic compute experience with ephemeral instances like Nuke and Pave to scale on-demand leveraging containers and tools like Kubernetes, Docker, EC2, IBM Symphony Grid, Parallel Computing, etc.
- Experience with one or more security and code quality scanning tools: SonarQube, Fortify, BlackDuck, Checkmarx
- Experience with one or more database platforms: Mongo, Oracle, Postgres, MySQL
- NodeJS, Angular
- Experience with one or more Test Frameworks, Capabilities & Tools: Junit, Nunit, TestNG, Selenium, Appium, Lambda; Test Driven Development (TDD); Behavioral Driven Development (BDD): Cucumber/Gherkin
- Knowledge of and/or experience with any of the following: 12-factor/Cloud Native development, Kafka, GraphQL, Golang, Tekton pipelines
- Willingness to work on-site at stated location on the job opening
- Ability to provide and work from a home office
- Ability to work additional hours as needed weekdays and weekends
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.