About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Software Engineer for the Enterprise Password Services team who will focus on developing software to support password management applications.
In this role, you will:
- Participate in projects associated with the technology domain, including installation, upgrades, and deployment efforts
- Identify opportunity for service quality and availability within the technology domain environment
- Review and analyze technical assignments or challenges that are related to low to medium risk deliverables and that require research, evaluation, and selection of alternative technology domains
- Present recommendations for resolving issues or may escalate issues as needed to meet established service level agreements
- Exercise independent judgment while also developing understanding of given technology domain in reference to security and compliance requirements
- Collaborate and consult with technology colleagues, internal partners, and stakeholders
Required Qualifications, US:
- 3+ years of Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 2+ years of experience with automation or languages in one or a combination of the following: PowerShell, Python
- 2+ years of C# .NET experience
- 1+ years of SQL experience
- 1+ years of information security experience
- .NET Core experience
- Experience building microservices based on event driven architecture and domain driven design.
- Developing and working with existing C# .Net code bases, ideally .Net Core.
- Developing and working with existing Python code bases.
- Developing and working with existing PowerShell code bases.
- Developing unit tests for code written in various languages, primarily C# .Net.
- Ensuring implemented software meets user story acceptance criteria.
- Developing and employing automated testing solutions.
- Performing security peer reviews prior to code deployments.
- Developing and documenting test plans.
- Assisting with the migration of applications to production.
- Understanding and taking into account malicious use cases/threat models.
- Implementing fixes for security vulnerabilities.
- Maintaining a broad understanding of security technologies and products.
- Staying up to speed on third party (inside and outside Wells Fargo) known security vulnerabilities.
Due to the sensitive nature of our area of focus, a background in security-focused software development best practices (e.g. avoiding XSS vulnerabilities, preventing buffer overflows, using CSRF tokens, avoiding SQL injection) and experience with secure Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) practices, particularly with source code management and deployment, are important.
The successful candidate must be comfortable working on multiple dynamic projects simultaneously and be motivated to learn new languages/technologies when necessary.
The Enterprise Password Services (EPS) SecDev team in Identity and Access Management (IAM) is looking for an experienced, well rounded Software Engineer (SE) with C# .Net, Python and PowerShell skills to work on an Agile "Scrumban" software development team.
The EPS team is responsible for securely managing passwords for myriad applications and authentication systems of record throughout Wells Fargo. User passwords are managed by the Automated Password Service, an adaptation of the Hitachi ID Password Manager product. Privileged and service accounts are managed by the CyberArk Enterprise Password Vault. Additionally the team manages the in-house developed Secure One-Time Authentication application for out-of-band, auditable team-member-to-team-member authentication.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.