Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 107,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries
At Abbott, we believe people with diabetes should have the freedom to enjoy active lives. That’s why we’re focused on helping people with diabetes manage their health more effectively and comfortably, with life-changing products that provide accurate data to drive better-informed decisions. We’re revolutionizing the way people monitor their glucose levels with our new sensing technology..
Our location in Alameda, CA, currently has an opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer - Cybersecurity. Under general direction, performs security work within our R&D division by improving software, testing, tools, and processes for detecting and preventing security threats to medical products and systems. Performs complex and specialized software security activities working within and across project teams, and in consultation with other cross functional team members.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Optimize product/system security by creating and reviewing software architecture and detailed design solutions that reflect best practices.
- Identify and implement software improvements needed to effectively protect against and respond to known and emerging security threats.
- Perform or support security testing such as penetration tests, fuzz testing, and internal/external audits. Coordinate remediation as needed.
- Identify and implement needed improvements in tools and processes used during development, testing, vulnerability intake, and maintenance.
- Communicate with the other engineering personnel to coordinate interrelated security solutions and assure project completion.
- Communication Protocol – BLE, NFC, USB, tcp/ip
- Security Protocol – BLE 4.2, tls
- Security cipher/tools – openssl, aes, speck, white encryption
- Elliptic curve, ECDH, ECDSA, digital signature, mutual authentication, NIST, ISO/IEC, etc
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelors Degree - Software Engineering, Computer Science or related engineering OR an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Minimum 8 years - Hands-on experience in security risk assessment, solution design, development, testing and maintenance.
- Minimum 6 years - Experience with embedded software development and device drivers experience.
- Minimum 8 years - Experience in health care, aerospace, defense (DoD, NSA etc.) or other high security applications.
- Masters Degree – Software Engineering with Cybersecurity focus.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP).
- As an alternative to CISSP, other professional security certification such as CISM, CSA, CEH or similar.
- Cybersecurity, C, C++, RF communication including Bluetooth Low-Energy, NFC, WiFi, UML or SysML
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.