Senior Software Engineer Dev Ops
Target Salary $135,000 + Bonus (Relocation Pacakage Post- COVID)
Location: Atlanta GA
Senior Software Engineer is a hands-on subject matter expert who is responsible for the technical implementation of multiple projects. Cloud Platform team is all about creating reusable services that operate in a high-scale, distributed ecommerce environment. The ideal candidate will have had experience in the high paced energy of startups as well as experience in the structured world of larger companies. This Senior Engineer will need to have very strong cloud native microservices development experience, expertise in REST APIs, messaging techniques and be hands-on as well as have some Big Data and NoSQL development experience. The successful applicant will work closely with Cloud Platform Leads, infra architects , software engineers, Operations, and Quality Assurance Engineers in a highly collaborative environment to provide quality software and solutions, to deliver releases on time and on budget. As a member of the cloud platform team, you will work on a dedicated team with DevOps.
- Familiarity with running software on public cloud platforms such as Google, Azure, Amazon etc.
- Works closely with development teams on architecture to accelerate delivery of our solutions.
- Actively involved in Cloud Engineering and improving our cloud footprint efficiently with cost awareness.
- Create and maintain a variety of environments from development to production.
- Familiarization with troubleshooting web-based applications.
- Migrate current application stacks from on-prem systems to public cloud platform.
- The ability to containerize applications where needed.
- The ability to work in a highly collaborative, open, and unclassified office work environment.
- Working with a team of talented engineers supporting CICD Tools hosted on-prem and in the cloud primarily GCP.
- Proficient in administering CICD tools like Gitlab, Jenkins, Artifactory, Sonar, Anchore, Spinnaker, K8S Clusters, etc.
- Proficient in Linux administration and shell scripting.
- Experience in working with config management tools like chef.
- Experience in working with Terraform for provisioning Infrastructure as code.
- Good knowledge of programming languages like Python or Groovy for automating and
- Expertise in working with MySQL, Postgress, and NoSQL (Cassandra, mongoDB, Bigtable, etc.) used by the end customer facing applications and CICD Tools.
- Implementing monitoring solutions to collect metrics, logs and create dashboards to improve observability using Prometheus, stackdriver, ELK etc.
- 6+ years of experience
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or another related field
- Proficiency in one or more scripting languages such as bash, python, groovy, ruby etc.
- Experience with Linux machines, Centos and RHEL preferred.
- Expertise with SCM and build automation tools such as Jenkins, Gitlab etc.
- Proficient with build tools such as maven and NodeJS.
- Experience with iOS and Android CI is a plus.
- Experience with CI process including builds, code analysis etc.
- Expertise with one or more public cloud platforms such as Google, Azure, Amazon etc.
- Experience with Kubernetes, helm charts and spinnaker (or equivalent such as harness etc.)
- Ability to debug and fix system/infrastructure and application issues
- Experience working with monitoring tools such as Prometheus, Google stackdriver etc.
Be a part of the ConsultNet difference. As a leading national provider of IT staffing and solutions, ConsultNet delivers exceptional services to startup, midmarket and Fortune 1000 companies across North America. Since 1996, we've partnered with clients to create rewarding opportunities for our consultants, successfully building teams that have surefire results.
In the past two years alone, we have placed more than 1,500 consultants in contract, contract-to-hire, or direct placement opportunities. We understand communication is key to finding the right job that matches your skills and career goals. For us, it's not just the work that we do; it's how we do the work. Our breadth of offerings extends to multiple IT positions in major markets throughout the country, see more at - www.consultnet.com