Senior Software Engineer - Embedded Systems (Devices)
The Embedded Systems Team develops the first layers of software on the car, from interfacing with hardware, to moving large amounts of data up the software stack. As a Senior Software Engineer you'll be responsible for designing, documenting, and implementing complex, highly scalable, low-latency software in C++ on Linux-based systems. Your work will be the foundational software on which the rest of the rest of the team builds upon.
What you'll be doing:
- Develop software in C++ to interface our Client's autonomy stack with the sensors and custom hardware on the vehicle
- Improve and deliver reliable software through requirements generation, continuous integration, automated testing, issue tracking, and code reviews
- Collaborate with colleagues across multiple teams and mentor other developers
- Deliver complex projects through incremental development
What you must have:
- 5+ years of experience writing production-quality software
- Experience with C++11 or later
- Knowledge of and experience applying software best practice
- Experience developing on and for embedded Linux / POSIX systems
- Demonstrated experience building, testing, and shipping production software
Experience with safety critical development (FDA, FAA, Automotive)
- Experience with embedded build systems, such as buildroot or yocto.
- Experience with networking Experience with ROS or other robotics middleware platforms
- Experience with other languages: C, Python, Bash, Go
- Experience with QNX, VxWorks, or similar.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.