Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 107,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries
At Abbott, we believe people with diabetes should have the freedom to enjoy active lives. That’s why we’re focused on helping people with diabetes manage their health more effectively and comfortably, with life-changing products that provide accurate data to drive better-informed decisions. We’re revolutionizing the way people monitor their glucose levels with our new sensing technology.
Our Diabetes division in Alameda, CA, currently has an opportunity for a Senior Software QA Engineer.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Manage and coordinate software project test activities for Abbott Diabetes Care products that incorporate software/firmware into their system. Generate Software Test Plans, Test Design Specifications, Review and analyze requirements, Create Test Protocols, Review product quality system documentation as they apply to the development, verification, validation, use, and maintenance of the software or firmware.
- Submit documentation for review and approval to document management system.
- Coordinate activities with other engineering disciplines, departments and contractors. Work in a distributed environment. Estimate, plan and review own and others' work products.
- Completes Software Testing tasks in accordance with Software Design Control procedures.
- Works independently on goals and objectives set by R&D Manager.
- Can plan and coordinate own work according to higher-level project schedules.
- Reviews deliverables/activities as identified in the Software Test Plan for accuracy, consistency, completeness and compliance.
- Reviews System Specifications/Requirements documents, Creates Verification Test Cases, Verification/Validation protocols, Trace Matrices and Verification/Validation Summary Reports for the Alameda site.
- Report unexpected events, issues or software bugs which occur during verification/validation according to established procedure.
- Perform computer system validation of software tools as required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelors degree, or equivalent experience, in a scientific, technical, or engineering discipline.
- 8 to 10 years’ experience in Software Testing and/or Software Quality Assurance.
- Knowledge of FDA QSR, relevant ISO guidelines and 21 CFR Part 11. Has knowledge of Design Control requirements.
- Must have 4 - 6 years project experience in software testing practices, methodologies and techniques, preferably in testing medical devices.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience leading test engineering team is a plus.
- Medical Device experience strongly preferred.
- Experience in an agile development environment preferred.
- Cyber security, medical mobile applications or cloud computing experience preferred.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
Paid time off
401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.