Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 107,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries
At Abbott, we believe people with diabetes should have the freedom to enjoy active lives. Thatu2019s why weu2019re focused on helping people with diabetes manage their health more effectively and comfortably, with life-changing products that provide accurate data to drive better-informed decisions. Weu2019re revolutionizing the way people monitor their glucose levels with our new sensing technology.
Our location in Alameda, CA currently has an opportunity for a Senior Software Test Automation Engineer.u00A0u00A0 In this position you will be a key contributor to developing our test automation framework for our mobile applications.
WHAT YOUu2019LL DO
- Develop a robust test automation framework.
- Develop and maintain automation test suites for various mobile projects.
- Manage day to day test activities of the automation team and track to closure on multiple projects
- Work with Development Engineers, Systems Engineering, and Quality to Review Software Requirements and other specifications.
- Generate and review software test plans, test cases, and execution of test cases. Managing defect workflows and creating test summary reports.
- Work on expanding test automation coverage across projects
- Work with DevOps and other teams to integrate test automation with build systems, test management system, and device cloud
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOUu2019LL BRING
- Bacheloru2019s in Electrical or Computer Science or related engineering or scientific field.
Minimum Experience: 10 years relevant experience:
- Possess good working knowledge of Object-Oriented Design.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Excellent knowledge of general software engineering principles.u00A0
- Excellent troubleshooting skills are a must. Strong working knowledge of the principles of quality software engineering as described by software life-cycle development processes that are consistent with ISO, IEEE, or other FDA recognized standards.
- Experience on Internet technologies (web development, application servers) and database design is a strong plus.
- Experience in design, engineering and testing of software contained in medical devices developed under the FDA's regulations for 510(k) or PMA products is preferred.
- Hands on experience with software test automation frameworks and test automation is strongly preferred.
- Experience with testing mobile applications and working with virtual teams.
- Expertise in creating BDD driven test framework using Cucumber.
- Expertise in performing Mobile Application Testing using Appium.
- Experience developing and maintaining test automation frameworks.
- Integration experience with third party applications and devices.
- Experience developing unit tests and familiarity with Junit and TestNG.
- Ensures a high level of automation test coverage.
- Can analyze and troubleshoot test results against requirements.
- Can generate reports on testing results and update management on daily progress.
- Has experience with behavior driven development.
- Has experience on unit testing, functional and UI testing.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully:u00A0 www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.